Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be installing a Baron BAK on my 1800R soon, and removing the PAIR system.

A couple of years ago when I did it on my 1300 Retro, I used Sherm's coasters. They worked great, but were pretty 'blah' looking. I guess I could use them again, radius the edges, and polish them, but I was wondering if there other options available now?

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
G.P. is the only way to go! Get them from HDL, or run over to Allen and talk to Pete himself!

I installed a set on mine. Fits and looks first rate. I put a set on Bluto's bike last weenend, takes about 20 minutes to do the desmog and PAIR removal + plates (once you've done a few). Look over Bare's web site for the instructions.

Barons is a black finish, really looks like ka ka against all that chrome (sorry Barons, no offence, just MHO).

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys,

I did order Pete's plates thru HDL. (I could have gone to Allen to pick some up, but I figure this way both Pete and HDL make a little money.)

Now I need to decide whether to drill out the Neo mufflers, or opt for aftermarket exhaust, and get it all done in time to re-map the PCIII before ROT.

David, I meant the Baron Big Air Kit (BAK), not their coasters.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
just bring it during the ralley and I can map it
It is usually dead that weekend anyway :?:

·
Super Moderator
63,769 Posts
Johnnycheese said:
just bring it during the ralley and I can map it
It is usually dead that weekend anyway :?:
The Bluebonnet Rally? I am thinking of bringing my new PC3 with me down there for that rally. I still don't know when or if I'll have time to stop by you JC, but that would make my trip down there worth every penny :D

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
GP stands for 'Great Plates". Pete is the man with the plan!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Block off plates

I installed German Petes plates this morning. Piece of cake. It's even easier if you have small hands and fingers seven inches long 8)
I used a Dremel tool to grind off the screw head in order to dis-assemble the reed valve assembly. Secure the assembly in a padded jaw vice while grinding, don't nick the gasket plates' rubber seal, and dunk the gasket plate in cool water before you handle it or you"ll burn your fingers :!:
Check Bareasses's web site, He's a pretty savvy guy and a damned fine tech writer. :idea:

Harley Davidson::::: The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the side effect of creating horsepower.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts