Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking around for a while. There is tons of great info on here!

I finally pulled the trigger on an 03 VTX1800 a week ago. To make sure it was ready to go for riding season I decided to tear into it just to see what the former owners had done. I haven't found anything too bad but, what I did find led me to order a hypercharger to replace the broken stock air box, and fix the crappy wiring jobs etc. Anyway as I dug deeper I figured I'd check/clean the grounds and desmog the beast. So long story short I need a pair of block off plates. I found vtx-parts.com and tried to find some recent activity from Leo but, I didn't find anything since early 2012. I just wanted to know if he is still in business or if I just sent $20 to a vacant paypal account. I'm probably just too impatient it hasn't even been 24 hrs yet.

And if anyone has or could point me to a well performing power commander map for an 1800 with Vance and Hines big shots with loud baffles & a Pro-R Hypercharger, I would appreciate it.

Thanks all!

Kyle

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome. I had the same concern when I ordered mine :) They came quickly in the mail. Not 24 hours quick though ;) congrats on the new ride and enjoy digging in and making some mods.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've been lurking around for a while. There is tons of great info on here!

I finally pulled the trigger on an 03 VTX1800 a week ago. To make sure it was ready to go for riding season I decided to tear into it just to see what the former owners had done. I haven't found anything too bad but, what I did find led me to order a hypercharger to replace the broken stock air box, and fix the crappy wiring jobs etc. Anyway as I dug deeper I figured I'd check/clean the grounds and desmog the beast. So long story short I need a pair of block off plates. I found vtx-parts.com and tried to find some recent activity from Leo but, I didn't find anything since early 2012. I just wanted to know if he is still in business or if I just sent $20 to a vacant paypal account. I'm probably just too impatient it hasn't even been 24 hrs yet.

And if anyone has or could point me to a well performing power commander map for an 1800 with Vance and Hines big shots with loud baffles & a Pro-R Hypercharger, I would appreciate it.

Thanks all!

Kyle

I ordered my plates from him maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago with no issues. And to make your life allot easier, I'd go with the dimpled ones plates.

·
Registered
8,517 Posts
Like many small business owners, Larry collects several orders, and then gets them filled at the same time. It's cost effective for him, and keeps our individual costs down that way. Place your order, but don't panic if it takes a week or better till you get them. As mentioned, get the ones with the dimples. Cost is the same, and it will make your conversion a little easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts