Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
OR, if you're really in a hurry, just buy some hose plugs at the auto parts store,(box of assorted sizes $4.00) and attach a plug to each attach point, and remove the reed thingy later. Dont forget to plug the Pairvalve opening for the airbox also. There is also a hose from the carb, that I removed and re-routed so that there is just one hose from carb, to a Tee and the other two hoses from that tee, are still routed the same, one to head, and one to the petcock. Or you could just stick a screw/bolt in the hose that goes to the pairvalve from the carb line tee. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
284 Posts
JUst did this last week - had the plates but I am lazy - so i just plugged up the right-most hole in the airbox with a yellow electrical connector, wrapped in electrical tape for better sealing - it's still cold here and no more decel pops and engine idle noise went a bit lower overall too :)

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I capped mine at first with the hypercharger and it was fine. Months later the decel pop and a gurgle came in. I removed the pair system and did the GP plates and there was alot of water in there from plugging it. Took about 30 minutes to do and decel pop and gurgle sound went away. My advice....If you are giong to do it....do it right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts