Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having some decel backfiring. seems to be getting worse. my stock exhuast came with no gaskets. and i installed a set of cobra speedsters and had it jetted. after about 50-60 miles i retightened them. bike runs great but it's started the decel popping and getting worse. wanted info on par valve temp. block off,and complete removal. and any pro's and con's to doing so. thanks, mike :?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Blocking PAIR Valves

I just blocked mine. It did make a difference.

I found the information - including pictorial demonstrations on how to do it yourself, by searching this board for it. There are several opinions and if you search through the board you'll find all the information you want and more.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
thorshammer said:
i am having some decel backfiring. seems to be getting worse. my stock exhuast came with no gaskets. and i installed a set of cobra speedsters and had it jetted. after about 50-60 miles i retightened them. bike runs great but it's started the decel popping and getting worse. wanted info on par valve temp. block off,and complete removal. and any pro's and con's to doing so. thanks, mike :?
Are you sure there were no gaskets there already? - They are very hard to see. This would not be the first time somebody missed them.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
par valve

took aircleaner apart, pluged larger hole with an eye drop nipple, perfect fit. cleaned up the popping 90%. thanks you the input. if anyone could send me a card board template of a block of plate holes and all i can make them.thanks to all again. 8)

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
You already have the template. The cover over the reed valve that the hose connects to. just trace it, cut it and drill it. viola.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
It only took about 5 min to do mine.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Yea. take the tank off and get rid of all that "garbage" under there. My total down time, start to finish, including making block-off plates was about 1 1/2 hours.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Do it, you'll be happier with the sound. Also makes working under the tank much easier.

My biggest suggestion when following the instructions in to look at it in terms of what you're leaving on. Take off the hardware and every tube connected to it and you'll have basically two hoses left. One carb to the engine and one carb to open air. Atleast that's for the 1300.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts