Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the pleasure of being part of the VTXOA community since 2013, But, Alas…I couldn’t pass up a “NEW” 2016 Honda F6B Goldwing.

Traded the VTX in on Friday, 5 July, at Honda of Houston. Didn’t get as good a price as a “tried and true VTXer” might have paid but still got enough to bring the F6B down to $12,777. Now I have a new bike with warranty that performs as well as the 1800.

Thank you to ALL the members here for posting great information and advice over the years. Most of what (little) I know about motorcycling was learned here.

I’ll check in from time to time, but remember to be safe and…”Enjoy the Ride, Here on the Forum and on the Road!”

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
Wait, do we have to leave if we get a different bike?
Nope, there is no delete account option on this forum.
It's like the lyrics from the song, Hotel California..(Eagles)
"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave."

Congrats on your new ride!

·
Super Moderator
6,125 Posts
I have had the pleasure of being part of the VTXOA community since 2013, ...

Thank you to ALL the members here for posting great information and advice over the years. Most of what (little) I know about motorcycling was learned here.

I’ll check in from time to time, but remember to be safe and…”Enjoy the Ride, Here on the Forum and on the Road!”

What? You've got a new bike and now you can't pass on what you've learned to those who still have one? Or are going to get one? Nobody's gonna turn you in for not owning a VTX, a lot of us are former owners just like you. :laugh:

C'mon back anytime you just want to hang around with your "old" crowd Steve.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have had the pleasure of being part of the VTXOA community since 2013, But, Alas…I couldn’t pass up a “NEW” 2016 Honda F6B Goldwing.

Traded the VTX in on Friday, 5 July, at Honda of Houston. Didn’t get as good a price as a “tried and true VTXer” might have paid but still got enough to bring the F6B down to $12,777. Now I have a new bike with warranty that performs as well as the 1800.

Congrats! Nice Bike, like the deal you got too.:thumbup: your post headline made me think you were "parting out" your bike..lol, this is so much better... : )

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice looking new ride, Steve. Best wishes for lots of safe miles and memorable rides.

·
Old Goat
24,071 Posts
Some years/color combos had issues with soft paint...be sure to check forum for proper care and feeding....:thumbup:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats! Nice Bike, like the deal you got too.:thumbup: your post headline made me think you were "parting out" your bike..lol, this is so much better... : )
I do have some items left over. Get'n ready for a trip to Cloudcroft New Mexico in a week. When I get back I'll post what I have for sale.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some years/color combos had issues with soft paint...be sure to check forum for proper care and feeding....:thumbup:
PAINT?? Hell, everything's plastic! :grin2:

So far it look's like the White had issues. I've got the standard Matte Silver (grey/black), but I'll keep reading.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I do have some items left over. Get'n ready for a trip to Cloudcroft New Mexico in a week. When I get back I'll post what I have for sale.
Here's a couple similar deals waiting to happen. they'll be gone soon i bet. i'd be very tempted if i could handle the extra weight with my bad leg.

https://westernhonda.com/Motorcycles-Honda-Gold-Wing-Audio-Comfort-2016-Scottsdale-AZ-fc63dac2-fc12-48d0-9a0f-aa1d00008a49

https://westernhonda.com/Motorcycles-Honda-Gold-Wing-Audio-Comfort-2016-Scottsdale-AZ-e4a808e8-56f7-4182-a737-aa5b01243873

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm 6'3" and my leg joints still work so weight isn't much of an issue...But I've think the 50lb heaver F6B is easier to move around. The low center of gravity makes it "feel" lighter to me.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm 6'3" and my leg joints still work so weight isn't much of an issue...But I've think the 50lb heaver F6B is easier to move around. The low center of gravity makes it "feel" lighter to me.
The 2 i posted weighed in at 200-300 lbs heavier than my 1300. Thats like riding around with a heavy-set woman on each and every ride, in comparison...lol

too much for me and my leg issues and am pushing it a little with what i got frankly. Having said that, i think i would be over at the Hoda dealer taking a look if it were not for the realities i mentioned.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The 2 i posted weighed in at 200-300 lbs heavier than my 1300. Thats like riding around with a heavy-set woman on each and every ride, in comparison...lol

too much for me and my leg issues and am pushing it a little with what i got frankly. Having said that, i think i would be over at the Hoda dealer taking a look if it were not for the realities i mentioned.
I understand what you're saying. We each have to know our limitations. My VTX was an 1800 with LOTS of extra weight.

I did look at specs for all three and found...

2007 VTX 1300 R; 670 lbs dry weight, 710 lbs with fluids before another "30ish" lbs in bags and extras = 740 lbs
2002 VTX 1800 R; 740 lbs dry weight, so 780 lbs with fluids before another "30ish" lbs in bags and extras = 820 lbs
2016 F6B only gives 850 wet/curb weight, but that includes bags and faring extras.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts