Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking to see if anyone else has tried to make this combo work.

My wife wants 1 of these (so of course I want her to as well)

But, we have 1 of these (and love it by the way)

Looks like there will not be room for both as the velcro strap going around the backrest comes up too far. I told her we could modify the bag strap by cutting a few inches off the top but she doesn't want to chance damaging the bag as it was an expensive enough of an item.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
We just got ours one week ago and so far she loves it. Time to take a new signature picture!

·
Registered
822 Posts
I used my leather tail bag with the armrests on. It uses a velcro strap that is probably 6 inches wide and it worked ok. Hope that helps. I'm not using either of them now since I put a hard trunk on.

·
Registered
167 Posts
never put the T-Bag on with the armrests. My niece liked em for the time they were on.. I just had a prob with them rusting pretty bad since my bike isn't in a garage.. That and she liked to nap more back there when they were on the bike.. :shock: LOL

·
Registered
32 Posts
We have the Ultimate set-up, as well. Long answer short...get a different bag. I use a Saddlemen tour pack. Sorry, don't remember which one it is, but it has 4 individual straps that are about 1.5" wide each. I can use 3 of hem with the armrests on.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I would suggest not using the part that goes over the backrest and use some sort of webbed belting to go around the bag and the backrest. It looks as though it would work! 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.