Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...so I'm getting some serious whining from the rear seat and need to accomodate the lovely long legs on my bride. Anyone have any suggestions for passenger floorboards? Do these things typically adjust forward to allow some stretching out at all? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have the Cobra Floor boards . They are great. A lot better then pegs.

Peter De

·
Registered
332 Posts
I put on a set of Cobra regular floorboards also along with a pair of extenders from Cyclistic. They move the boards out and down approx 3". Allowed my wife to extend her long legs out to a much more comfortable position. She really loves this combination.

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
striker782 said:
I put on a set of Cobra regular floorboards also along with a pair of extenders from Cyclistic. They move the boards out and down approx 3". Allowed my wife to extend her long legs out to a much more comfortable position. She really loves this combination.

Do you have the website as I see you added some extenders to your rear floorboards. My wife has long legs also and need to do something .

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
RIVCO boards and extensions. She will appreciate the ability to move her feet forward with the extensions.

We had the cobra boards on but my wife said her knees got sore after a ride. She is 27 and does not suffer the knees of her 50-year old husband (me).

We installed the Rivco extensions and boards and she loves them. No more sore knees from having legs almost in a torture pisition while riding.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have cyclistic extensions on my 06 neo with cobra regular passenger floorboards. look great, get the passenger boards away from the exhaust heat, and give my 5'9" wife with 35" inseam tons of leg room. she liked the floorboards mounted to the bike without being extended...but they were hitting the stock neo exhaust when weight was on them...like 2mm off the exhaust when not being stepped on....the extensions took care of this, but she didnt' like the change in position at first....now i have different pipes and took the extensions off temporarily to see what she thinks of the different position...the extensions went back on per her request and all is well....

2 cents.

John

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Got the request for floorboards the other weekend from my wife after her foot got cooked on a charity ride :oops: Thanks for the posts, and I hope that some of these will work on a C :D

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Same prediciment here, the wife likes the looks of the Kury ISO boards over the Cobra's, anyone tried them?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have the Kury rear floorboards and have wished I had something else - the mounting will allow the board to turn if anyone puts weight on it, and they tend to fold up in the wrong place.

Not good mounting at all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can't help much on available extensions, but my foot boards are Cobra and give my main squeeze everything she wants, plus stability. However, all the chrome flaked off the underside in 18 months. Considering the cost and rep of the maker that's pretty sorry. Both of us are on the fluffy side and these are so stable that I just painted the bottom side and kept them.
Steve.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
bloomz said:
I have the Kury rear floorboards and have wished I had something else - the mounting will allow the board to turn if anyone puts weight on it, and they tend to fold up in the wrong place.

Not good mounting at all.
+1

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
We have had them for about 3 years. Was going to get her Cobras recently and she said no, I like these.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Smoken'JOE said:
We have had them for about 3 years. Was going to get her Cobras recently and she said no, I like these.
What are they?

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Kury Offset 360 degree adjustable, available in 2 and 4" infinitely adjustable 360 degrees, lock solid and the backseat legs love the 4" down and forward...I paired mine with Kury ISO mini wings and she loves them...

·
Registered
753 Posts
JD9613 said:
RIVCO boards and extensions. She will appreciate the ability to move her feet forward with the extensions.

We had the cobra boards on but my wife said her knees got sore after a ride. She is 27 and does not suffer the knees of her 50-year old husband (me).

We installed the Rivco extensions and boards and she loves them. No more sore knees from having legs almost in a torture pisition while riding.
+1 on Rivco and extentions.

They look great when not in use. High quality chrome and very heavy duty.

·
Registered
9,553 Posts

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
astros50 said:
JD9613 said:

+1 on Rivco and extentions.

They look great when not in use. High quality chrome and very heavy duty.
Got a link?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.