Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for a new thread on patches. I no longer wear my vest as the patches I have on it are a bit, sorta, not me today. As a younger man it was FTW and I don't care what you think, but as older bloke its just leave me alone. My favourite old patch is "Hold my beer while I kiss your girlfriend" Plus " No club, no bullshit, just ride" No biker worth his salt in Australia doesn't have a "Such is life" somewhere on his riding gear. It is a quote from Ned Kelly just before he was hanged. What patches have you worn in the past or now?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I have one that says "1 cross + 3 nails = 4 given" . Another for the "Fallen but not forgotten". Another for Bulldog, for his struggle before he passed on, and a few ride patches like the Dragon & Cherahola. All surrounding my big white Honda wings on my Joe Rocket leather.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I tried the patch thing .....didnt work for me.....found this in a closet the other day ..had forgotten all about it....nothing on the front...
I have a similar patch for Pa. VTX Riders.

·
Registered
980 Posts
True story,

I went into out local produce shop wearing my motorcycle vest, i was in a serious mood that day i recall. This place is owned and operated by Hispanic people and i believe they run their own trucks from mexico with the veggies, fruits and stuff..

Anyway, i walk in...there was only a few people inside and its a decent size place, imagine tables of veggies surrounding me.

So who seems to be the manager (hispanic) looked-up at me with a freighted look on his face quickly turned to his close-by employee and said "Do no charge him for his order". Leaving, i had to insist on paying.

I kid you not.

Added: i still think it had something to do with the Vest, the way i looked and that "Sons of Anarchy" and "Breaking Bad" were currently on TV at the time.

·
Old Goat
24,846 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
He works real hard + a little overtime to live up to that name.... ;)
You know what they say....it's not like work if you love what you're doing. ;)
Anyway carry on, and continue to show your "biker" costumes.

Everybody....... Y-M-C-A!!!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Last patch I wore was probably a boy scout patch when I was 12
Patches on adults are childish IMO.
I don't need to play dress up to ride a motorcycle. :)

Men's Grab N Go Biker Costume | Oriental Trading
So at age 12 you felt like you were "dressing up"? It's a shame it wasn't real for you...

Such a negative attitude about something that can be so fun. That plus patches serve as reminders of experiences and accomplishments.... both at 12yo and 80yo...

·
Registered
27,867 Posts
But some people do wear them like costumes, that's true. 😁
I came across an ad for a vest with patches already on it.
Did a quick search...
Now that's a costume!

My patches are personal to me.
They either have meaning to me or express my outlook.

I have a total of 5 patches on my vest. The newest one is prolly7 years old.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe I need a quick punch to the face, but I can see where Dumb Donnie is coming from. Rode with the local Cruiser Club for a couple of years and left because of the amount of blokes who turned up on the (divorced / children left home) Harley in fresh biker gear and a pathetic attempt at a1%er attitude. Also brought along zero riding skills ("I like to cruise, Im in no hurry" was the usual cover up for lack of riding skills.) Unfortunately every interest group gets them. My friends patches show their motorcycling history, the roads travelled to get to today. I dislike buying and wearing new jackets etc as my old stuff represents some of my own history.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I like to cruise, Im in no hurry" was the usual cover up for lack of riding skills.
Actually, this is the "cover up" for these kind of bikes (including the Honda VTX). They were designed for cruising. When I'm in hurry, I use my car. When I'm riding, I want the ride last longer, because I enjoy cruising. This is why I have cruisers, not sport bikes.
Most of my rides' destination is home. So, if I'd want to get to my destination fast, better just staying at home...

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
type of bikes I have owned.

standard
tourer
full dress tourer
sport bike
road race sport bike.
sport tourer
dirt bike
cruiser

badges I have had on vests
what I ride ( total of 9 Honda's )
where I have traveled by bike, mostly rallies .
number of states I have traveled. 48
pins of total miles I have traveled by motorcycle. 393k
have not worn a vest since 1996....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts