Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
I like to wear the vest once in awhile, especially if its a little cool out in the morning and will warm-up later. Truth told i only wear it about 5-6 rides per year. Might get back into it again add some patches, break the vest in more (still looks new). I have 2 identical vests, one with patches and one plain one without any patches.

So far i have refused to roll around in the dirt with my vest on to make it look more broken-in :oops:馃榿.

Registered
This kinda came up the other day when someone asked about swinging patches from an old vest to a new one. I don't run a vest but, I have two patches on my jacket. American Flag and FTW. Yes, it's been FTW for 66 years and still is. Donnie, is a suit and tie any less a costume? I sure feel 'costumed' when dressed like that. For Charles (Chuck): Bikes I've owned (in chron. order) '46 wl, '49 fl, '72 Commando, '68 flh., '02 VTX. Shortest duration was the Norton. Great bike but shook like a paint mixer. Longest duration was 68 shovel, owned and rode that bike from '75 to 2005.

Registered
Only patches I've ever had my entire life are the iron-on jeans repair. Needed my pants to last as long as possible when young, also never felt the need to "advertise" what I like. If someone is interested enough to talk I'm happy to get to know them. Yes I'm a bit of an introvert, never gone on a group ride.

Registered
That plus patches serve as reminders of experiences and accomplishments....
My patches are personal to me.
My friends patches show their motorcycling history, the roads travelled to get to today.
^^^^ Those
My patches don't advertise brands or opinions. They are mere reminders of where I've been and what I've seen. Like the TotD. That's a conversation starter.

Registered
No club.. just my own last name which helps prevent reckless riding in places where folks know me. The flags at the bottom are just places where I live for part of the year.
Maybe you鈥檒l be able to get back up here some day.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts