Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking for a bit...Hi all and thanks for the very helpfull information up to this point!

I have an '03 1800RS, Kuryakyn Pro hypercharger, PCIII (USB) and HK 3" straights. Im currently messing around with caned maps. I know I need to get in for a custom mapping but am not willing to part with my bike for a week during prime riding months. Ill do it in the fall...

Has anyone had a map done for a VERY similar bike? Would you be willing to share it...? And yes, Ive seen the gas heavy 'universal' map from Cliff... and no I wont be using it... Also, Ive looked through the maps alrady posted on Bare's site and none are for this spicific configuration.

Thanks!

Diesle

·
Registered
416 Posts
Diesle said:
Been lurking for a bit...Hi all and thanks for the very helpfull information up to this point!

I have an '03 1800RS, Kuryakyn Pro hypercharger, PCIII (USB) and HK 3" straights. Im currently messing around with caned maps. I know I need to get in for a custom mapping but am not willing to part with my bike for a week during prime riding months. Ill do it in the fall...Has anyone had a map done for a VERY similar bike? Would you be willing to share it...? And yes, Ive seen the gas heavy 'universal' map from Cliff... and no I wont be using it... Also, Ive looked through the maps alrady posted on Bare's site and none are for this spicific configuration.

Thanks!
Only takes a few hours man. And you can watch.

Diesle

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Diesle said:

I have an '03 1800RS, Kuryakyn Pro hypercharger, PCIII (USB) and HK 3" straights. Im currently messing around with caned maps. I know I need to get in for a custom mapping but am not willing to part with my bike for a week during prime riding months. Ill do it in the fall...

Has anyone had a map done for a VERY similar bike? Would you be willing to share it...? And yes, Ive seen the gas heavy 'universal' map from Cliff... and no I wont be using it... Also, Ive looked through the maps alrady posted on Bare's site and none are for this spicific configuration.

Thanks!Diesle

Without the build of a custom map yet (made the appointment today) I've been useing the "universal gas heavy" map as you call it for some 11,000 miles as well as 2 of my riding buds that have probably put as many miles on the same map as well. One has your identical set-up and the other has the Hyper with V/H pipes and I have a Tornado with V/H pipes and I'm sorry to say that all 3 bikes run like scalded dogs and get anywhere from 33 to 38 mpg. Been running the same 4419 plugs for that milage as well.

With some tweeking on the decel part of the map your cruising milage goes up and the richness goes away and still has big mid and top end power, but I guess you'll never get a chance to try it since you've made up your mind allready. Good luck finding a map that fits. :wink:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"With some tweaking on the decel part of the map"

Can I take a look at your tweaked cliff's map...? The decel was my main area of concern because with the map I’m using now (M109-069 @ http://www.powercommander.com/109_retro ... maps.shtml ), most of the decel is flat (0). And, I’m not getting any popping... just a nice clean decel. On cliff's its 30% all the way down which just seems like a total waste of fuel.

Just so you know, using map M109-069 on my setup ‘seems’ to be working quite well.... It was the map that was recommended to my by Dynojet when I asked their techs. I’m just looking to make a comparison against a custom map done on the same setup.

Thanks,

Diesle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts