Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
You don't NEED one but it's up to you whether you want one. 2003 1800C with BigShots and Hypercharger and no fuel manager. Bike runs great, plenty fast for me, and not too rich or lean that I need one.

IMO if you get a PC3 you're not really getting the full value unless you have a custom map made specifically for your bike with your mods. You change your airbox down the road you need it re-mapped again. If the bike is running fine save your money for some chrome or a seat instead.

Opinions vary. :wink:

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
hopsing said:
I have a 2002 vtx 1800c with v/h big shot pipe do i need a pcIII or not any info will by great
As others said, you do not *need* a PCIII. The stock FI mapper on the bike will adjust. If, however, you do go for a PCIII, some of the benefits are smoother acceleration throughout the entire RPM range, longer HP/torque curves throughout the RPM range, increase of 6-8HP, and an increase of up to 15% MPG if your bike is running rich (which it probably is not).

That said, let's say you buy a PCIII and have it professionally installed... you are looking at $349 + $80 installation. Now, your bike is likely running too rich, so you'd better go for the custom FI map, which will run you another $300 for before/after pix on the dyno machine for a total price of almost $750. Also, if you are thinking of changing out the air filter for a high flow K&N or whatever, do it before you get the PCIII installed and tuned.

IMO, you either do not get a PCIII at all or commit to the $750 price tag to have it done right. If i had to do it all over again, I might just let the stock FI mapper alone for now and not buy the PCIII.

Greg

G

·
giant difference here,,,,had cobra pipes on bike for a few months,,,,,,it seemed ok,then desmoged,,,,,seemed a little better,,,,,,,,,then put on hurrricane box and pcIII during the same install,,,bike runs better than when I first got it,,,,,BIG difference

1 - 5 of 5 Posts