Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have roadburner 3in stepped pro's pipes with the neutron air lid w/K&N filter. I have factory pro innards 58 pilot 220 main 5th clip position. Runs good 45mpg(3tank average) but the front plugs are still showing a bit lean and I can still feel the flat spot(slight) every so often, mainly at night when temps are cooler...I'm just baffled, does the neutron flow that well? I've read where guy's are running the same set up in the carb as me but yet they have, oh BAK's tornado's and so on. I'm thinking I have a slight vacuum leak somewhere. When I removed the hoses for the pair valves I put a cap on the T that's behind the carb. Is that ok? Also you know the small hose on the front side of the petcock valve seems a bit loose to me I quess I'll put a small clamp on it...Any help or suggestions for me guy's? The bike idles fine and isn't slow to return to Idle when you crack the throttle . That's why if it is a vacuum leak, it has to be small(I think lol). Sorry to ramble I just have a hard time believing that the neutron flows that much.

Also Is there a write up on tearing down the petcock valve? something is wrong in their, when I switch to reserve It doesn't run near aswell. I thought it was in my head but today confirmed it wasn't. Is this a common problem? Haven't found any threads on it.

Thanks for your help.

D

·
Registered
236 Posts
dont know anything about most of what you said, but that small tube on the front of the petcock caused me some problems. was in the desert right at the arizona state line and the bike just powered down like it was out of gas. took 30 minutes on the side of the road and a friendly yamaha rider to find that the little bastard had come lose..... keep meaning to put a small hose clamp on it, but i check it every now and then and it hasnt vibrated off again so far....

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have tore down the petcock... there isn't a whole lot to it. If you think it's the petcock valve try giving a turn on on the nut that connects it to the tank, I had an issue where mine would just shut off and was a pain to get restarted, it turned out that the nut was loose and it was loosing vacuum. this caused it to close the valve.

You may also want to take the valve out and check the filter screen in the tank, could be dirty from some bad gas at the bottom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts