Honda VTX Forum banner
181 - 200 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
2002 VTX1800R Lowered 2" Rhinehardt Flush Cut, Brown County X with Flames Air Box Cover
1,553 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
UOTE="a2rbnud, post: 4734690, member: 31072"]
Greetings from Estevan, Saskatchewan. The wife and I are on a car trip to visit relatives and will be stopping at the Frank Loyd Wright hotel in Bartlesville, OK on the way home. I just found out this little gem existed. Should be pretty cool. I'll post photos. Price Tower, Frank Loyd Wright
[/QUOTE]
As promised. Price Tower in Bartlesville, OK.
Sky Building Skyscraper Tower block Urban design
Sky Building Plant Skyscraper Tower block
Human body Rectangle Triangle Wood Art
Property Building Sky Shade Window
Font Wall Design Art Room
Building Sky Wood Urban design Skyscraper
Interior design Floor Flooring Wood Wall
Azure Wood Window Brickwork Brick
Building Sky Daytime Skyscraper Tower block
Sky Building Skyscraper Tower World

·
Registered
181 Posts
Greetings from Estevan, Saskatchewan. The wife and I are on a car trip to visit relatives and will be stopping at the Frank Loyd Wright hotel in Bartlesville, OK on the way home. I just found out this little gem existed. Should be pretty cool. I'll post photos. Price Tower, Frank Loyd Wright
More Price Tower, Bartlesville, OK.

Water Building Plant House Tree
Building Wood Font City Magenta
Picture frame Building Art House Plant
Building Picture frame Art Flooring Wood

Building Art Space Event Fish
Sky Plant Building House Tree
Sleeve Collar Beige T-shirt Linens
Sky Building Light Dusk Tree
Plant Architecture Wood Fixture Paint
Building Rectangle Wood Triangle Material property

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
To escape Prince Edward Island you need to pay a bridge toll o $20CAN. Free to take the bridge to Prince Edward Island.

We took the 'little' ferry from Pictou? to PEI going up, and paid the toll bridge coming back.

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
talk about flatlands.
PEI looked like Georgia, with all the red clay. Consequently found out the cash crop of PEI is potatoes. Go figure. If you go there, you'd better like french fries. If you get a single serving, you get enough on a huge server to feed a family of 4. No joke.

·
Registered
2004 VTX1300S converted to R
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·

·
Registered
2002 VTX1800R Lowered 2" Rhinehardt Flush Cut, Brown County X with Flames Air Box Cover
1,553 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Good question. We don't actively seek places that are advertised as, "haunted", however it seems that any old building has it's history and docents will usually relate any unusual stories.
On tour number #3 in 2012, Somewhere West of Here we stayed over night on the Queen Mary anchored in Long Beach, CA and now used as an event venue and hotel. The Queen Mary has a haunted tour which consists of numbered plaques throughout the ship. A company was throwing an employee party in the main salon (still the world's largest ship ballroom) and the sound of their 30 piece 40's style Big Band reverberated throughout the ship and kept us up. It was a Monday in early May so most of the ship was deserted and mostly dark. We ended up taking a self-guided haunted tour of the Queen Mary using our phones as lights until 2:00am.
Queen Mary Ghost Tour
Floor Flooring Wood Boot Carpet

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
It's been a few years since we were in St. Augustine, Fla., but I remember seeing carriage "haunted house" tours there.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
We went to Haunted School in Iowa
We took our dog with us. She would alert us if she sensed stuff.
We did do the flashlight test, buddy had a very large mag-light. We were in an auditorium and were a good distance away.
Our dog started acting odd, and then the lil flashlights came on, we thought no way, then the mag-light lit up. Then we know.
We also set up trail cams, but they were inconclusive.
Even The Ghost Stalkers were there. Not with us of course.
We want to do Villisca Axe Murder House and some of these other places.
13 Haunted places in Iowa

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
We went to Haunted School in Iowa
We took our dog with us. She would alert us if she sensed stuff.
We did do the flashlight test, buddy had a very large mag-light. We were in an auditorium and were a good distance away.
Our dog started acting odd, and then the lil flashlights came on, we thought no way, then the mag-light lit up. Then we know.
We also set up trail cams, but they were inconclusive.
Even The Ghost Stalkers were there. Not with us of course.
We want to do Villisca Axe Murder House and some of these other places.
13 Haunted places in Iowa
Ghosts. That explains all those dead Lib voters. Between our dimension and the afterlife, trying to find their way.

·
Registered
2004 VTX1300S converted to R
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 · (Edited)
with the condition of the roads, the small towns and farmlands it could have been central pennsylvania. it looked like a tight spot on the bridge access @2:23
If your roads are as bad as the roads in Canada if feel sorry for you. The roads were pretty bad, especially in Newfoundland. On the way to Newfoundland we spent the night in Old Forge, New York. The motel was full on motorcycle riders from Ontario. They said they come down to New York every year to ride on nice roads.

181 - 200 of 211 Posts