Registered
2004 VTX1300S converted to R
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Day 18 6/16/22
Headed north. Port aux Basque to Trout River
Click the date for the route.
06/16/22

Headed north to Trout River campground. The campground is in the Gros Morne National Park.

·
Registered
12,912 Posts
nice. i was surprised to see the snow on the mountains
You gotta remember where he's at, and the climate, weather. Those ridgetops aren't more than a few hundred feet above sealevel. When we were there 4 years ago, we had auto heat on, a little, as much as we ran the AC. When we were in Nova Scotia, further southwest, back in 2002, we stopped for gas at an Esso station. Behind the counter was a wall of pix, and I noticed one of the Ingonish golf course nearby, and it was dated April 29, a few years earlier. They had shoveled snow off the 11th green to take the pic. The snow pack was several FEET above the tip of the flagstick. In 2018 when we were prepping to go there, the Weather Channel showed a school bus in Gander on the last day of school, June 29, driving through 4-5" of snow. 3 weeks later when we were there, it was in the 70's. Their summer there is July and part of Aug. *** Sorry for any unintentional hijack.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·

·
Registered
12,912 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
For the folks following. Do you watch the youtube link or the smugmug link?

I have the smugmug link in case I screw up with music. I have tried to make sure the music is OK to post on youtube. I have tried to download royalty free music. One site did ask for a donation which I obliged.

161 - 171 of 171 Posts