Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok vtx riders, what's the best smart phone mount, that will hold phone secure over bumps etc, I hate to lose my phone, and do any come in chrome or just black? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the Perfect Squeeze smartphone mount and it works great. All metal where it matters. Definitely would recommend.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I searched long and hard and finally settled on this one:
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D8HS3C9[/ame]

I am very happy with it. 3 different colors to choose from. Aluminum construction. It holds the phone tightly, does not let it go. It allows for good angular adjustment. And as I found out, the screw tightens with vibration which keeps the phone secure without me having to re-tighten it periodically.
$15.99 shipped.

·
Registered
9 Posts
One thing to consider is that while many mounts come with a security band (and you can by them separately, too) which stretches around the 4 corners of your phone, that device provides no real help if the handlebar mounting bracket fails. Those mounts are plastic, and plastic parts always worry me. I put a zip tie around the handlebars & through the center hole of the security band. It’ll hold everything- dangling a bit but still attached - when that mount fails.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D8HS3C9

I am very happy with it. 3 different colors to choose from. Aluminum construction. It holds the phone tightly, does not let it go. It allows for good angular adjustment. And as I found out, the screw tightens with vibration which keeps the phone secure without me having to re-tighten it periodically.
$15.99 shipped.
I think we found a winner. Priced right, aluminum, black, and will fit my 1.25" bars. Thank you, just ordered one.

One thing to consider is that while many mounts come with a security band (and you can by them separately, too) which stretches around the 4 corners of your phone, that device provides no real help if the handlebar mounting bracket fails. Those mounts are plastic, and plastic parts always worry me. I put a zip tie around the handlebars & through the center hole of the security band. It’ll hold everything- dangling a bit but still attached - when that mount fails.
The one above is all aluminum.

·
Registered
390 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D8HS3C9

$15.99 shipped.

I just ordered one of these based on your fondness for it and online reviews. The Allen type tool and those who either didn't get one or received a defective one is a concern. I will have to borrow yours if I am unlucky.

Thanks, for posting the link up.

·
Registered
942 Posts
IIRC, mine was just a regular hex that was nicely rounded off. I do not recall any special security feature about it. But I could just be plain wrong.
I can check on my way home tonight and post back.
And yes, I have noticed those reviews on Amazon and wondered how many customers were affected but those statistics are not available. Could have been a fluke, maybe 1 out of a 1000 but we have no way to know that, sorry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use this device
Metal Bike & Motorcycle Phone Mount - The Only Unbreakable Handlebar Holder for iPhone, Samsung or Any Other Smartphone | +100 to Safeness & Comfort

I got it on amazon fits perfect never comes lose always held my phone secure

I coupled it with this power supply that I wired in and bought a short USB cable to keep the phone charged

BlueFire Waterproof 5V/2.1A Dual USB Charger Socket Motorcycle Handlebar Clamp Power Adapter Charger USB Charging System with Cigarette Lighter Socket and Voltmeter for Phones/Tablets/GPS

·
Registered
390 Posts
My bracket was delivered today, the 13th. Ordered it on the 11th late. Not bad on the shipping end.

The little Allen wrench is the correct one with the hole in the end of the hex. I guess that is suppose to keep anyone with a regular Allen from loosening the set screw because of that center nub sticking up. Not a bad idea. It should stop the casual thief.

Now to dug up an old phone that fits the bracket. My current phone's power button ends up right under one of the capture arms. It is a Win 10 Nokia phone and I took a chance on it working with the bracket as it wasn't listed as being compatible. My wife has old Apple phones packed away, somewhere here, so all is not lost.

Looks like a nice little unit and well made for the money.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D8HS3C9[/ame]

·
Registered
942 Posts
Now to dug up an old phone that fits the bracket. My current phone's power button ends up right under one of the capture arms. It is a Win 10 Nokia phone and I took a chance on it working with the bracket as it wasn't listed as being compatible.
Oops, I didn't know people were still insane enough to waste money on Microsoft devices. Eeeeek.
I never thought anybody made a phone with buttons below the top 40% of the height. Weird.
You don't have to set the phone in the bracket all the way down, right? Would it hold enough if you slid it up a little?

·
Registered
942 Posts
my phone mounts really good in my pocket..lol
don't want the added distraction.
just me my bike and the road.....my phone can wait until i stop for gas!!!
I don't disagree. I myself am not a phone junkie. But I recently discovered 2 helpful uses for the phone on my bike:
- music into my helmet
- GPS navigation screen with voice into my helmet

And of course emergency calls. If wife calls me 3 or 4 times, I know something bad is up and needs my help. I can't leave her hanging with an excuse "sorry, dear, I was ignoring your while riding into the sunset". I try to be a good husband. :)

But funnily enough, I HAVE seen a crazie or two texting while riding bike. Funny sight.

·
Registered
309 Posts
i totally get it for gps long trips.
my phone is just that...a phone and text tool.
i use no data on my phone and don't want it.
a smart phone has many uses like camera ..calendar..calculator and so on.
i spend enough time on the computer when i am home.
i have had data before and i dont need it in my life 24/7.
i see a lot of people that cant put it down and have no idea what is going on around them...sad.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts