Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember a while back a few of you were looking for pictures of a tank with the seam filled. I just got my parts back from the body shop and I took a few pictures of them primed and ready to paint with the seam filled. I also filled the small accent strips at the bottom of the fenders to give a little more room for paint design.

Ok sorry, the last one was just a shameless way of showing off my two youngest.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sweet Bro I like how you filled the seems on the fenders looks SHARP I gotta give you an ATTABOY! Could you post some pics after you get them painted up :p

·
Registered
151 Posts
What did you used to fill them???

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What did you used to fill them???
Hmm, good question, dunno. I laid the bike down and had a couple of pretty bad dents in it so I had a local body man fix the problems and fill the tank seam and grooves all at the same time. He did all of it for 200.00!!!

Could you post some pics after you get them painted up
Absolutely will do!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wow thats a great price, sorry to hear that you went down, hope you are OK

·
Registered
616 Posts
Looks way cool man... after your bad experience, seems like everything is going through the right path... well done. And I'm glad you're fine.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looks awesome
Personally, I think this is one of the best mods to do, that seam takes away from the lines of the bike.
$200 is a great price, I've seen $300 plus shipping on this site.

Like to see the tank after paint!!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Huge improvement and great price. Sorry you had to go down to get that look. Glad you are alright. What color(s) are you thinking of for new paint?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, that price was to fill the seam, fill the accent grooves on the fenders, and fix all damage to the tank!!!

I think I'm going with green.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.