Honda VTX Forum banner

501 - 520 of 555 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
It does look a little high but I really like the fact that my VTX corners like a sports bike. if you hit too many tight corners in a run, all closed up she will get a bit ropey. But it's nice to have the ability to really put her on her side. It seems to me pointless to have such power on tap and not be able to hoof it around the bends.

Reactions: lofty and MR VTX

·
Registered
12,073 Posts
It does look a little high but I really like the fact that my VTX corners like a sports bike. if you hit too many tight corners in a run, all closed up she will get a bit ropey. But it's nice to have the ability to really put her on her side. It seems to me pointless to have such power on tap and not be able to hoof it around the bends.
If you know how to ride a bike, the 1800 does quite well in the twisties. I always get a kick out of the guys who say the 1800 doesn't handle well in the curves. Back in '05, several of us from Houston went to the annual Coloradical VTX rally on our VTXs. One of the guys was 2-up on his 1800, and he was carving up the roads like nobody's business...and leaving us behind. He still has his bike and still rides it like that.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Funny thing is, it's not really a secret about how to handle the 1800.
Counter steer! It works amazingly well and the 1800 sheds its weight so quickly as you get going

·
Registered
231 Posts
definitely a shade or two higher. thanks for the picture. Still one of the best rides I have ever had (and I have had a few)

Reactions: MR VTX

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought him new in 04.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here she is!!!

Just a random pic of my longtime girlfriend. She's been faithful. :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here's mine

Here's some before and after of mine. I wanted to do the 240 wide tire kit but I couldn't justify the cost(the kit cost more than I paid for the motorcycle!), so I just went with the 200 tire, new fender & seat. I like it. :)

Before & After pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
If you know how to ride a bike, the 1800 does quite well in the twisties. I always get a kick out of the guys who say the 1800 doesn't handle well in the curves. Back in '05, several of us from Houston went to the annual Coloradical VTX rally on our VTXs. One of the guys was 2-up on his 1800, and he was carving up the roads like nobody's business...and leaving us behind. He still has his bike and still rides it like that.
My son and I were at a couple Coloradical rides after we put on the pitstop in Borger, Texas. We were both 2 up and invited some riders to go with us on a run through some very twisty roads. Blink1800 and I (Snakebite) invited iCe, Hermit and Bugshield to go "play" with us. The only one of the group that would ride with us after ripping up the twisties was iCe. One another day, LEE and GEEZ had no trouble keeping up on the run to Chucara and Bishops Castle. Coloradicals were a lot of fun. Great people as well.

Reactions: VTX53R and MR VTX

·
Registered
12,073 Posts
My son and I were at a couple Coloradical rides after we put on the pitstop in Borger, Texas. We were both 2 up and invited some riders to go with us on a run through some very twisty roads. Blink1800 and I (Snakebite) invited iCe, Hermit and Bugshield to go "play" with us. The only one of the group that would ride with us after ripping up the twisties was iCe. One another day, LEE and GEEZ had no trouble keeping up on the run to Chucara and Bishops Castle. Coloradicals were a lot of fun. Great people as well.
Ahhh, the good ol’ days. I never had a chance to make it to your place, but I remember them well from everyone who enjoyed his/her time there. :thumbup:

·
Registered
699 Posts
OK guys i am sure there is already one of these on this here but i want pics of your VTX. and a list of what you did to it HP numbers if you have them and so on i just got a new 1800c and it is my first "cruiser" i was all sport bikes until now and want to see what people are coming up with to do to these bad ass bikes
How do you post Pics,Never been able to do it

·
Registered
699 Posts
hey thanks guys i love the pictures and all i and to answer your question about this being in the general discussion forum i do not think it should be the reason i posted this was so i could see how specific parts looked on different bikes to help me plan my own build and to see if people where happy with their mods so i think it fits just fine in this forum. thanks guys i am loving all the pics
OK guys i am sure there is already one of these on this here but i want pics of your VTX. and a list of what you did to it HP numbers if you have them and so on i just got a new 1800c and it is my first "cruiser" i was all sport bikes until now and want to see what people are coming up with to do to these bad ass bikes

Attachments

501 - 520 of 555 Posts