Honda VTX Forum banner

561 - 570 of 570 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Still in work reassembling from a former trike, '02 VTX1800R with some mismatched parts (that will be rectified soon).

I have a project thread in the tech section...

IMG_7272.JPG

I have already replaced the pipe hangar and exhaust manifold gaskets, re-installed the radiator with a new hose, installed the turn signals, connected a bunch of wires and hoses, eliminated redundant front and rear lights, swapped handlebars, and tightened everything up on the rear end that was only loosely bolted together. Foot boards & pedals SHOULD be here in the next week to 10 days, they've already been from Hawaii to Texas and back to Hawaii, they just need to make it over here ONE MORE TIME...

Reactions: MR VTX

·
Registered
145 Posts
After the above '02 "R" model deal, I decided to buy George's '03 "C" model MotorTrike...

IMG_2906.JPG

NOW you can see why the other bike is somewhat mismatched! As the trike kit can only be red (I'm not about to paint it), the Red tank & sidecovers will also go on this trike. Maybe I'll paint the chin fairing, maybe not!

This rig is set up to tow a camping trailer (posted in the "general" section).

The sad part of the story - A local shop was taking advantage of the former owner, parts swapping for over 2 months to the tune of $1,200 by the time they got to the FPR (which SUPPOSEDLY just arrived yesterday). If it's not done by Thursday, I'm deducting $140 and installing the part myself.

·
Registered
12,092 Posts
After the above '02 "R" model deal, I decided to buy George's '03 "C" model MotorTrike...

NOW you can see why the other bike is somewhat mismatched! As the trike kit can only be red (I'm not about to paint it), the Red tank & sidecovers will also go on this trike. Maybe I'll paint the chin fairing, maybe not!

This rig is set up to tow a camping trailer (posted in the "general" section).

The sad part of the story - A local shop was taking advantage of the former owner, parts swapping for over 2 months to the tune of $1,200 by the time they got to the FPR (which SUPPOSEDLY just arrived yesterday). If it's not done by Thursday, I'm deducting $140 and installing the part myself.
I still think you should paint the whole thing orange! :p (I'm the guy that said the same thing on your Facebook posts.)

561 - 570 of 570 Posts