Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I am driving myself (and some of you) nuts over which pipes to put on my bike. I want better/louder than stock, but at this point, I don't really want to set off car alarms. I may change my mind, but for now.....

I started looking at the VH Bigshots. Like them and the way they sound, and I can put in their "quiet" baffle, but I'd like something not quite as long (stopping about the rear axle or just past - not at the back of the rear tire).

Started looking at Jug Huggers and HK 2.5s. But HKs baffles are welded in and don't give me the chance to quiet it down if it is too loud. Also have heard mixed reviews on HK quality (not asking to be flamed, just stating what I have heard).

My criteria, then, is chromed heat shielded, stop about the rear axle or so, 2 pipes (not 2 into 1), baffles can be changed. From my research, this leaves me at the Bub Jug Huggers. (If I have missed anything, please let me know.) But I hear people talking about rolling the throttle and setting off car alarms.

So, has anyone put the Bub Stealth baffles in the Jug Huggers? How much of a difference did it make? Worth it?

Does anyone have a soundbite for the Jug Huggers either with or without the Stealth baffles? I have looked but couldn't find one.

You would think I was making a major life decision!!!

Thanks in advance for the input and the patience!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Have you checked out cobra speedster shorts? I think but i'm not sure that they have removeable baffles.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard the Bigshots. And I have heard the Cobra Slash cut slip ons. And stock of course. That's it. Not much else around here to listen to. :cry:

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Re: Pipe dilema: Right size and sound for me. Need your help

StressPuppy said:
Ok. I am driving myself (and some of you) nuts over which pipes to put on my bike. I want better/louder than stock, but at this point, I don't really want to set off car alarms. I may change my mind, but for now.....

I started looking at the VH Bigshots. Like them and the way they sound, and I can put in their "quiet" baffle, but I'd like something not quite as long (stopping about the rear axle or just past - not at the back of the rear tire).

Started looking at Jug Huggers and HK 2.5s. But HKs baffles are welded in and don't give me the chance to quiet it down if it is too loud. Also have heard mixed reviews on HK quality (not asking to be flamed, just stating what I have heard).

My criteria, then, is chromed heat shielded, stop about the rear axle or so, 2 pipes (not 2 into 1), baffles can be changed. From my research, this leaves me at the Bub Jug Huggers. (If I have missed anything, please let me know.) But I hear people talking about rolling the throttle and setting off car alarms.

So, has anyone put the Bub Stealth baffles in the Jug Huggers? How much of a difference did it make? Worth it?

Does anyone have a soundbite for the Jug Huggers either with or without the Stealth baffles? I have looked but couldn't find one.

You would think I was making a major life decision!!!

Thanks in advance for the input and the patience!
Stress Dude. Yeah you are beatin' this to death. Go to The Bub Club and find Derek, he's got a link to his sound bite.
As Always Peaceful Cruisin'
BLACK POWER
:tools1:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

RobT said:
Stress Dude. Yeah you are beatin' this to death. Go to The Bub Club and find Derek, he's got a link to his sound bite.
Hey, gotta live up to my screen name, right????

·
Registered
3,810 Posts

StressPuppy said:
RobT said:
Hey, gotta live up to my screen name, right????
Stress Dude. I meant to also say that when you start setting off car alarms,,,, you will smile.
As Always Peaceful Cruisin'
BLACK POWER
:tools1:

·
Registered
803 Posts
I don't. But they sound like this: "ka-blub, blub, blub, vrrm, vrroom, vrrrrooooomm, Va-room, VA-ROOOM! VAR-ROOOM! ka-blub, blub, blub..."

Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts