Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
LOTS of opinions on this subject. Best to just get to a group of X's and listen/look for what YOU like.

Come on out to Colorado for the 4th... you will get to see a BIG selection of bikes for sure!

·
Super Moderator
64,384 Posts
1. ALL CAPITAL LETTERS IS EQUALL TO YELLING AT PEOPLE ON MESSAGE BOADS. ALL LARGE-FONT, BOLDED CAPS IS EQUAL TO EXTREMELY PISSED OFF YELLING AT PEOPLE
2. Sound, as said above, is very subjective. What I may like, you may not like at all so the best thig for you to get an exhaust that sounds good to you is go hear them. Find out when&where a group of VTXers are getting togeth near you and join them. If you want to go the "Hear-say"(pun intended) way, the Roadhouse slip-ons are a very popular choice for the X. Riders say it has a nice rumble but not too loud. 8)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looking for opinion... OK... I have HK 3" straights with straight through baffles and thunder monsters. The sound is exquisite. Loud, deep, pit-of-the-gut and fulfilling every time I hear it...

Diesle

·
Registered
3 Posts
VTX1800S Exhaust

I am trying to find a good exhaust for a 03 VTX1800S, but all the nice exhaust that I see are for the R or the C model. Which of those two is the same as the S model for the ehaust? Also, someone mentioned the HK brand.....who exactly is that?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Re: VTX1800S Exhaust

rbmcveigh said:
I am trying to find a good exhaust for a 03 VTX1800S, but all the nice exhaust that I see are for the R or the C model. Which of those two is the same as the S model for the ehaust? Also, someone mentioned the HK brand.....who exactly is that?
HK is for Hard Krome. Here is a link to HDL's site: http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... =230329430

I got them off eBay for under 400 bucks, delivered. I tried HDL to meet the price but the salesman said no. So I went with the savings instead. I have always had HDL meets or beat the prices, in the past and since then, so always check with them. Haven't installed them yet though.

Hope that helps,
Gary

·
Registered
381 Posts
HK 2.5 inch american classics are loved by me.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I have Vance & Hines Bigshots (retro) without baffles on my Neo and they sound great IMO.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts