Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just moved to indy from illinois... looking for good places to ride in the area without a bunch of traffic and not all interstate... and maybe people to ride with?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey guys. Just moved to indy from illinois... looking for good places to ride in the area without a bunch of traffic and not all interstate... and maybe people to ride with?
Highway 37 from the southside of indy down past I64 is fun. Its flat and smooth 4 lanes down to bloomington, then as you get further south, it turns into 2 lanes with some good sharp curves and hills to climb. When it gets warmer, I would go ride with you. Im on the far eastside of indy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am totally down. I drove truck through some areas down there into bloomington. It was awesome. Thanks for reminding me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
757 Posts
You might check in with the Indyucky group too. They try to get together at least once a season...when schedules permit.

Good group of people with a very good knowledge of the best roads in Indiana for riding.

Termite

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Unfortunately most of the best roads are South and South West but there are a lot of sites to see and good eats all over. The water falls down Cataract, covered bridges in Rockville / Parke County, shops in Nashville, Hoosier National, Brown County and so on. Anyway, some of our favorite roads are, mix and match to create some good rides.

SR39 from I-70 to SR67
SR234 thru Shades State Park (N of Rockville)
SR236 from SR41 to US231
Manhattan Road from Greencastle to Manhattan (US40)
SR243 from US40 (Putnamville) to SR42
SR42 from Cloverdale to Brazil
SR46 from south of Brazil to Spencer to Bloomington to Nashville
SR157 from Worthington to SR246 Clay City to SR46 into Spencer
SR43 from SR46 in Spencer to SR54
SR54 from Bloomfield to SR58 into Bedford
SR252 from SR37 to SR135
SR135 from SR252 to SR58
SR446 from Bloomington to SR58 or US50
SR45 from Beanblossum to Bloomington
SR56 from Paoli to Loogootee
Any road in the Hoosier National (37/237,145, 64, 237,56, 550)

You might find some of these interesting also: http://www.motorcycleroads.com/best/?c=90

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
So where did everyone go? Get rid of their X's? Doesn't seem to be too much activity?

I don't know about anyone else but I am busy riding!! :doorag:

·
Registered
676 Posts
I was getting busy getting back to riding, but I must have hit a bump so hard that one of the brake pads slipped out of place, and was rubbing on the rotor bolts. Need to get some new pads. Saw some Kevlar Carbon Pads, the whole set of six for the price of one set of the others. Not sure about trying them?

I don't know about anyone else but I am busy riding!! :doorag:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I was getting busy getting back to riding, but I must have hit a bump so hard that one of the brake pads slipped out of place, and was rubbing on the rotor bolts. Need to get some new pads. Saw some Kevlar Carbon Pads, the whole set of six for the price of one set of the others. Not sure about trying them?
Personally the pricing sounds dicey considering what kevlar/carbon fiber costs to mfgr. With the X I understood the OE pads were best but EBC's were cheaper but didn't last as long. As the saying goes YMMV...

Still around Danville Rodney? We haven't been to the DQ as much since the new owners aren't very generous in serving size.... so now it's Dairy Castle in Greencastle - much more for the $ and better soft serve. :thumbup: It also helps they're closer to our favorite Mexican place... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Be back in Danville after the 21st or so.
I got the same mieage, 25,000 out of the OEM's and the EBC's. Tried the Cyclegear Set, only got about 10,000 miles. If I could get that out of these, I wouold be happy, just change out a set every year.
I agree about DQ - just not the same. We dropped by the Dairy Bar in Lizton, good stuff and huge portions!

Rodney

Personally the pricing sounds dicey considering what kevlar/carbon fiber costs to mfgr. With the X I understood the OE pads were best but EBC's were cheaper but didn't last as long. As the saying goes YMMV...

Still around Danville Rodney? We haven't been to the DQ as much since the new owners aren't very generous in serving size.... so now it's Dairy Castle in Greencastle - much more for the $ and better soft serve. :thumbup: It also helps they're closer to our favorite Mexican place... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Be back in Danville after the 21st or so.
I got the same mieage, 25,000 out of the OEM's and the EBC's. Tried the Cyclegear Set, only got about 10,000 miles. If I could get that out of these, I wouold be happy, just change out a set every year.
I agree about DQ - just not the same. We dropped by the Dairy Bar in Lizton, good stuff and huge portions!

Rodney
You must be harder on your brakes than I am! I was getting 35k out of the OE pads. Even on the Victory I have 32k miles on the OE pads though I have a full compliment of EBC sintered pads waiting to go on.

I haven't stopped at the Dairy Bar in many years though I drive through there twice a day generally. No reason really it is good custard.

There is a place at 36/59 Big Berry that is very good as well and they also have blue bell hard pack.

There is also a new place in Greencastle called Charlie's, good burgers and soft serve, too.

Live to ride, Ride to Eat! I think that qualifies for the OP :lol:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Never would call myself hard on brakes, but of course the last 20,000 were with a car tire added on the rear.

Now I have a couple of new places to check out! Thanks!

Rodney

You must be harder on your brakes than I am! I was getting 35k out of the OE pads. Even on the Victory I have 32k miles on the OE pads though I have a full compliment of EBC sintered pads waiting to go on.

I haven't stopped at the Dairy Bar in many years though I drive through there twice a day generally. No reason really it is good custard.

There is a place at 36/59 Big Berry that is very good as well and they also have blue bell hard pack.

There is also a new place in Greencastle called Charlie's, good burgers and soft serve, too.

Live to ride, Ride to Eat! I think that qualifies for the OP :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts