Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy guys, I am a podcast listener (when I am not reading) and aren't there thousands of them out there. However their is so much rubbish to sort through to get to the gems. We all have different tastes in everything in life, but if you are an old guy (there seems to be one or two:grin2:
on this site) and you know of interesting podcasts that don't contain political stuff let us all know. I like listening to radio national from Australia and some BBC stuff , but of course you need to sift through to get to the good ones. Good entertainment is hard to find so share with us if you can.

·
Registered
112 Posts
A few podcasts I regularly listen to. Let My People Think (Ravi Zacharias), Voddie Baucham, R.C. Sproul, and John Piper to name a few.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for your recommendations guys, I have finally got round to adding them to my favourites. My all time favourite is on the ABC listen app. Late night live with Phillip Adams. His enunciation is impeccable and depending on his guest, the show is very good (or crap). He is a 80 year old former journalist who has written some great columns over the years. A great researcher for his show.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey Lofty, I miss the dog with the watermelon hat! Makes me laugh every time I see it

·
Super Moderator
6,262 Posts
Hey Lofty, I miss the dog with the watermelon hat! Makes me laugh every time I see it
Sorry, I thought of using a picture I have seen of a stern cat with watermelon hat but time for change

I'm not sure why, but that picture of the watermelon hat always made me think of this one. Go figure

Attachments

·
Registered
9,999 Posts
My wife and I travel alot by car and we started listening to podcasts to pass the miles since most of what is on the radio sucks. Check out Dr. Death.

I've recently become a fan of Audible. Signed up for $2 and got $25 bucks in free gas. Listened to several books being read while traveling during the holidays. The time just flew. And now I'm a fan of the "Harry Potter" series, too. :D

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have been listening to some of your suggestions guys, thanks again. A good listen on the abc listen app is unravel series 4 The girl with the dragonfly tattoo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts