Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I want to try and give this a shot this weekend. I know I have seen post on how to do it but I cant remember how any help would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Here is another good link. Look about 2/3 of the way down at the post by Wood Brother. It is pretty accurate as to what you will be doing.

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... ing+wheels

Took me a week per wheel working a few hours each night (about all I could stomach)
Figure on 15- 20 hours per wheel - not including time to remove and re-install.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anybody out there do this i just don't have time if it takes this long unfortionatly my only day off is sunday.

·
Seat Dr
5,159 Posts
VTX4BRENT said:
anybody out there do this i just don't have time if it takes this long unfortionatly my only day off is sunday.
I think there is a guy on the 1800 board that does it. Why don't you post on their tech board and ask? I am sure they will point you in the right direction, I would but man we are working over and what little free time I have is spent on the X :D

G

·
VTXBrent, the best wheel polish I have found is Mothers Polish creme available at parts store or WalMart. Does an outstanding job, takes time tho.

G

·
Don't forget if you plan on storeing your bike for a period of time (like over the winter) soak a rag with wd-40 and wipe down the wheels then when you go to ride her and wash her your wheels will clean and shine no pits or rust (its amazing what just a little dampness can do to a wheel).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts