Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pollen count in Atlanta today, 2091. Seems my riding is limited this time of year, even the best goggles/glasses let some in and all over my contact lens. :roll:

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's eight fifteen now and my eyes are already swollen, but Iam going to take a Clarinex and hit the road propably down to HighSprings FL. I hate to waste a day off. Give Clarinex a try they work for me, prescription only.

Greg

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Boy something is in the air right now (pollen). Got a good dose of it last night putting the new hitch on the bike. I should have wore my face mask. Paying for it this morning...sigh. Also a dang bee came up my pants leg the day before, luckly I got him before he did much damage and dosed myself with benedryl. If benedryl doesn't knock out the swelling then its to the doc for a steroid shot cause I'm allergic to bees too! We had a really heavy rain yesterday afternoon then the sun came back out, would have thought the rain cleaned the air but from the way I feel this morning it didn't! :shock: Guess I better take my daily allergy meds before I forget...

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's really hard to sneeze with your eyes open.

I was out for a ride with a friend cruising the beautiful backroads of Northern Maryland. I was heading into some fun twisties, when I could start to feel an allergy attack coming on. I could feel a strong tickling sensation in my nose and I started sneezing right when I was in the curves. Talk about dangerous! These weren't little sneezes either they were massive.

The next day I made an appointment to see a local allergist and went through they whole battery of tests where they prick your skin with all kinds of nasties, and see what reacts. I find out I'm allergic to all trees, grasses and weed pollens, dust mites and (sadly) dogs. The doctor put me on Nasonex, a nasal spray, which seems to be doing the trick. Claritin wasn't working anymore.

Allergies suck!

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
yeah the rain seems to be making it worse not better here too. Usually it cleans the air up but its not right now...ugh! AAAAAAAAchooo 'scuse me! :oops:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts