Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pony's missus here....

Pony hit a car on his way home last night and went down hard. He came up over a hill and there were 2 cars that had just had an accident and were in the middle of the road. He didn't have much time to react and hit one of the cars almost head on. As far as we can tell he probably went right over the cars because the bike ended up on one side and he ended up on the other side of them.

The bike is totalled... because it was dark we're not exactly sure of all the damage but the jugs are split, triple trees are busted and one fork leg is missing completly. I had the bike brought back here to the house, we'll get some pictures up soon.

Pony's very stiff and sore this morning. I think he's going to be ok, he's just going to be very sore for a while.

He's got a splint on his thumb/wrist for a possible hairline fracture, his left leg is wrapped up like a mummy in ace bandages to help keep the swelling down. At first everyone thought he'd fractured the femur because it was swollen, bruised and extremely painful, but it looks like it's just it's just a lot of internal bruising. I just finished cleaning up all the road rash and bandaging all that up. He's got a couple of broke toes on the right foot, so no matter what leg he tries to put his weight on it really hurts. I've got him all cleaned up, doped up and settled on the couch for now with strict orders to stay put until I get home from work.

We haven't been outside to look at the bike in the light yet. He'll probably kill me for saying this, but the only thing he cried about last night was that he lost the bike. We know he's very lucky to have come out of this with only some bumps and bruises. But for him, losing the bike is like losing an arm or a leg.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad to hear things weren't worse. Bikes can be replaced, people can't. Heal fast.. Prayers sent

·
Registered
430 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your accident..Hurry and Heal...glad you weren't hurt worse !! Just think..now you can start the moddin all over again !! BB :)

·
Registered
868 Posts
Bikes can be fixed or replaced. Glad your not hurt worse. Heal fast.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Sorry to hear about Pony and about his bike. I know he will mend up pretty quick, he's Airborne!!!! All of my best wishes and prayers, and we will put the word out here in OKC...
HOOAH!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry to hear about Pony, prayers for a quick recovery and we'll hoist a few in his honour at the Friday the 13th bash in Port Dover Ontario...
Get well and back in the saddle soon,

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Hope it all works out OK, but most of all I'm glad he wasn't injured any worse than he was. Heal fast & get right back in the saddle! All you fellow riders PLEASE BE CAREFUL!................................ :D Rod

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Thanks for letting us know. Hope he has a speedy recovery. I don't know if I would survive if I flew over a car or not. Prayers sent. ps duct tape will help keep him put on the couch while you go to work/store. :lol:

·
Seat Dr
5,159 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Pony if you need anything let us know man. :wink:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Glad your ok. I can't imagine loosing my ride but you will ride again. You should start drawing up a new bike. On those drugs you'll be amazed with the things you come up with! :twisted: Heal fast buddy thoughts and prayers sent your way. I'll drag my pegs in your honour! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
898 Posts
Damn... get well soon brother. It sucks to lose the scooter, but better it than you. Heal quick so you can ride again.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts