Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m just whining mostly, but also a warning to any of you that use USPS for shipping packages. Sorry for the long post.

Almost a month ago to the day I sold and shipped some gel pads and memory foam to Stumpy. He paid me thru Paypal, and shipped thru Paypal using USPS. If any of you have ever done this, you get to print a shipping label with delivery confirmation. It prints the label and a delivery confirmation for the shipper on a full sheet of paper, cut in half put the label on the package, you keep the other part for your records.

I use a secondary package tracking service that allows me to track packages from any shipping company and gives me a list of packages I’ve tracked in the past and can delete them once they arrive at there destination. I send and receive a fair amount of packages so after a while I spaced even who this package was even for. It was changing locations so I just thought it was taking a long time to get to were it was going and after 3 weeks I start getting concerned and call USPS and they tell me there’s nothing they can do, it’s not a tracking number, it just is to show when it’s delivered and since it hasn’t been delivered, basically telling me tough sh!t.

Well even before getting worried about if this package was ever going to make it to the destination I PM’ed Stumpy and he said he got it. So I start investigating, looked in Paypal, found out it was the stuff I shipped to Stumpy, and yet this package shows still in the system, you know not delivered.

So what good is this service? Why even offer it? It’s not for tracking as they said themselves. And it seems obvious that it’s not there for delivery confirmation as it’s been delivered, and yet they (USPS) show it’s left their office in CINCINNATI, OH facility on March 24, 2005.

I’m just lucky this happened to me with a trusting person from this board, if it would’ve happened with some low life cheat, they could’ve demanded their money back and I would’ve been out the item, and the money.

I for one will be using UPS from now on, might be more expensive but at least it comes with insurance and (from what I hear) easier to deal with in a situation like this.

·
Registered
750 Posts
shipping

Bruce
wait until UPS looses a item in my case a $4.800.00 tactical rifle , i was sweating bullets man !!! but they found it 2 weeks later it never left the hub as it was locked up and the woman forgot about it .

i send alot of items with both and they both can use alittle improvement .

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: shipping

BlueVTX said:
Bruce
wait until UPS looses a item in my case a $4.800.00 tactical rifle , i was sweating bullets man !!! but they found it 2 weeks later it never left the hub as it was locked up and the woman forgot about it .

i send alot of items with both and they both can use alittle improvement .
Sending a gun, sweating bullets :wink: :lol: You're too funny man. Yeah I agree but USPS would've cost me more to ship with what comes as standard with UPS without all the paper work (all the little slips you have to fill out at USPS).

Take care bro, BTW, every time I look at my bike I love that breather even more

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Now now Bruce.........Dont blame you though, nothing I hate worse than wondering if your package arrived at it's destination. I use UPS or FedEX when ever I can, they seem to have a better tracking system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts