Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a pothole today that launched me off the seat. Two miles later,Flat Tire. Don't know if the bead was unseated or what damage occurred . On my way to get my trailer to at least get it home. I'm praying there is no damage to the wheel.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Look out they are every where. We have some monster ones here in Wisconsin too. Roads are under major construction in NE WI. So normal maintenance is being put a side. So comes the craters. :yikes:

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Glad all is OK. The bike can be fixed. Not fun but better than going down. Thats another plus to living in the south, our roads dont get the winter destruction of freeze/thaw. Roads up north sucketh.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Here in Pa., they keep them stocked with fish.nojoke

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally got it home but don't have time to survey the damage tonight. A friend had just given me his landscape trailer that he was going to scrap. I had to put lights on it and transfer the registration ,so I have about 58 bucks invested. That alone saved me $s and aggrevation.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
They just started this week running around and putting new blacktop in the craters around here that should last a few months :roll: and looks like crap

Roads are in the worst shape I have ever seen right now

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I finally got it home but don't have time to survey the damage tonight. A friend had just given me his landscape trailer that he was going to scrap. I had to put lights on it and transfer the registration ,so I have about 58 bucks invested. That alone saved me $s and aggrevation.
Not intending to divert this, but I like your red calipers and intake scoop. Did you paint them? I self-painted the calipers on my Impala a few years ago, and was warned by my dealer's mechanic that they may not work properly if I did, and I didn't have the coin to buy aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not intending to divert this, but I like your red calipers and intake scoop. Did you paint them? I self-painted the calipers on my Impala a few years ago, and was warned by my dealer's mechanic that they may not work properly if I did, and I didn't have the coin to buy aftermarket ones.
They are powder coated , Just take them apart,remove the rubber parts ,have them coated, replace rubber rings and seals (less than $25),re-assemble.Oh yeah, bleed brakes!!!!!

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Me and my daughter playing b ball in drive had ball bounce in street forcing MC to swerve into fair size pothole:oops: felt terrible when I glanced up and saw them coming

1 - 14 of 14 Posts