Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does uploading the zero map to the PC have the same effect as removing it? I want to compare running stock to running with a map so I don't want to remove it. I've searched the archives and can't find an answer.

·
Super Moderator
63,768 Posts
Yes, the zero map is not adding or subtracting any fuel, but the better way to see is to unplug it 8)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chicago-Spike said:
Yes, the zero map is not adding or subtracting any fuel, but the better way to see is to unplug it 8)
Thanks for the reply Spike. I believe you, I'm just curious, why is unplugging better? You run the PC right? Did you dyno yours?

·
Super Moderator
63,768 Posts
It's just a thing with me. I believe the thing isn't doing anything when it's at zero, BUT, I KNOW it isn't doing anything when there's no power to it. Yes my bikes been on the dyno a few times, and will be again shortly to map for the new intake, new exhaust, and new PC3 that I added this winter. With my old config of Hyper and V&H it posted around 94-96 depending on when&where I had it done 8)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm also looking to experiment a little with power commander vs. no power commander. To disable the PC can I just disconnect the power and leave the unit plugged inline of the stock connector and the ECU or do I need to unplug the PC from the ECU? In other words, if I cut the power to the PC, will the stock connector still "run through" the PC wiring to the ECU?

Thanks in advance for info.

·
Super Moderator
63,768 Posts
I'm also looking to experiment a little with power commander vs. no power commander. To disable the PC can I just disconnect the power and leave the unit plugged inline of the stock connector and the ECU or do I need to unplug the PC from the ECU? In other words, if I cut the power to the PC, will the stock connector still "run through" the PC wiring to the ECU?

Thanks in advance for info.
No, your bike will not start with it hooked into the ECU with no power too it. You have to remove it comepletely, all lines unplugged

1 - 6 of 6 Posts