Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my bike used and the dealer said that it already had a power commander on the bike to go with the new pipes (cobra slashcut). Where can I locate the powercommander (I assume under the seat, but I havn't looked) and how difficult/what do I need to change the map on it?

Also, would refining the map eliminate the popping, or do I definately have to remove the pair valve to do that?

·
Registered
323 Posts
changing the map

You'll need a laptop computer, with a serial port (for the earlier PCIII versions, where the maps have a file extension .map) or USB port for the later version (maps have a file extension .djm). If you don't have a laptop, you'll need to remove the Power Commander, and make the change at your PC. But, the first thing you need to do is find the Power Commander, determine if it is the older version or the newer version. Then download the appropriate software (older serial port version 2.7.8.22 - 5/24/2003 or newer USB version 3.0.9.0 - 05/15/2004) to your PC or laptop, install the Power Commander software on your computer, read the instructions, download the appropriate map for your VTX configuration, and then upload the new map to the Power Commander. The alternate method would be to go to a Dyno Testing location, and have your X re-mapped for about $200.

Power Commader Website
http://www.powercommander.com/

livfree

1 - 3 of 3 Posts