Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, those jackets from PowerTrip.com...

I'm just not sure. First, the mesh jackets are odd. I have 2 Hein Gericke jackets, both size L and they fit fine. I'm tall, but not BIG. 6'4" and under 220. My biggest concern is sleeve length. The mesh jackets, they just don't fit. The XL's sleeves are too short and the body a bit big for me, but I'd LIVE with it if the sleeves were good. The XXL, fuggedaboudit. Me and my wife with her new D size boob job would fit in that jacket. Which is fine when it's cold, but we're talking about the mesh jacket here. LOL

But the FUNNY thing.. the leather Large fits me like it was made for me. Perhaps God is telling me that I really need to wear leather.

The big VTX logo on back feels a little plastic like but I believe it's stamped and dyed leather. I wasn't offended by the quasi-racer like look with the logos, but I know it's certainly not everyone's cup of tea.

Just my impressions from looking, I didn't buy one, they're way overpriced. If I find on on mega sale, maybe.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They don't actually carry Hein Gericke. They just have some closeout. The US distributor has been in incredible financial difficulty as near as I can figure. Maybe someday they'll get it back together. I really wish I could get the Hein Gericke jacket I have in L in LT. That'd make me happy. LOL

·
Registered
216 Posts
I bought one a couple of weeks back. xxxL. Fits me good but maybe I'm just built wierd. :lol:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I hve a power trip that I bought from dennis kirk on clearance for $150 its a $250 jacket, I love it . The sleeves unzip from it so I can use it as a vest, very very good quality, I highly recommend.
Nick

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't get me wrong, I think they seem to be of good quality. Their sizing isn't consistent between the leather and the non-leather models, but so what? But the sleeve length for taller guys was not very good, unless the guy is BIG and tall.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I would really like to get one as well but the wife won't allow it at this point. Something about me buying new springs, windshield, and Corbin seat. WOMEN!!!

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I managed to get one off ebay for 150. Much better price than 400.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just one more post to this...

I got the jacket, and I'm really pretty pleased with it. I wore it to work today, and it seems to perform pretty well. I'm curious how it's going to be in the afternoon heat, or if I'll stick with my Hein Gericke or my crappy mesh jacket. I don't like how the power trip mesh fits, and I was really disappointed about that. The leather fits me like it was made for me. Definitely worth $150!

G

·
I have a Hein Geiricke and like you say, fits like it was made for me. I've looked at many mesh jackets, and haven't found one that fits me well yet. So .... until then, leather it is.

Annette

·
Registered
700 Posts
If anyone wants to sell their mesh version let me know, I'm looking. :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
NDAna said:
Foget about the jacket- Pictures of the wife please 8) :D :lol:

Modeling the mesh jacket ! :wink:

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL I don't think she'd be all that sexy in my mesh jacket. She's under 5' tall, and I'm 6'4"...she'd have to have size HHH's or something to fill that out! LOL

Yesterday was mid 90s and humid in Dallas, and the Power Trip performed pretty well. The big mesh patches on the inner arms, and arm pits allow some decent air intake along with the vents on the sleeves and the back of the jacket.

Very pleased. My only whine, and it's not going to be JUST me.... but it'll be rare... with the armor back plate, it kind of digs into my back with my ultimate big boy seat's backrest.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Morgan Buchanan said:
Very pleased. My only whine, and it's not going to be JUST me.... but it'll be rare... with the armor back plate, it kind of digs into my back with my ultimate big boy seat's backrest.
You could always trim the bottom of the back armour or take it out all together. I would recommend trimming it so you have some sort of back protection besides the leather only. :D

·
Registered
949 Posts
biker1059 said:
Try newenough.com they carry Power Trip and Hein Gericke. Look in their clearance section, also get on their email list and get notices when things go on sale.

http://www.newenough.com
Hein Gericke is top shelf :wink: Gave mine away after I out grew it :cry: .

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2FS4LV said:
You could always trim the bottom of the back armour or take it out all together. I would recommend trimming it so you have some sort of back protection besides the leather only. :D
I was unclear... I know I can do that. It just sucks to lesson protection. If it were 2 inches LONGER it wouldn't dig. It's just drops to the exact right place to grind.

I have 2 Hein Gericke jackets and 1 Power Trip. The HG I love is perfect for most of the year, this Power Trip for the hottest part, and the other Hein Gericke for the coldest... yeah me!

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Most of my jackets with back foam/armour are like that when new. But the more I wear it the less I notice that it catches on the seat. :D

·
Registered
524 Posts
Leather is all I own... my two favs are an XPERT Performance Gear and a FIRSTGEAR Honcho. ( Warning: Never put up a picture of yourself wearing your jacket here or the sophomoric types will roast you alive :shock: )

These modern leather jackets with their well designed venting fare adequately during the heat filled months in the deep South but nothing close to the mesh variety, I confess.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts