Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
RedrdrX said:
Yes please. I deleted the picture from my profile. I have the picture on photobucket.

Thankyou
Stan
On photobucket,
click the picture first, above the picture, there is a resize button. Click that and resize to Message Board

·
Xtreme Member
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
DMjeff said:
How are we marketing this? Open to all bikes and are we trying to start an Annual tradition? I say yes to those questions.. The La Crosse area has just as many neat roads and places as anywhere else in the country.
May as well think big from the start. It would help in getting sponsors/advertisers.
You people are the BEST! I'm so excited for this and will help anyway I can to make this successful. I've started to send out pm's over this weekend to take people up on there offers to help out with events.

To answer DMjeff's questions above; I was working on finalizing a few more details before posting on all the other Midwest States. Maybe a VTX theme, but all your friends are welcome no matter what they ride... does that sound cool? It sounds like we would all love to see this be an Annual tradition by the positive feedback so far. It's off to a great start.

What do you think of this: have free food at the barbeque? It will be a challenge to find a sponsor for cash for food, but if that does not happen, how about an auction to donate money for food? I have probably a hundred dollars in stuff I'll donate to get it started. Maybe you WIVO's could pick a trustworthy treasurer to hold all the cash and prizes donated.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I don't know what you have in mind for BBQ particulars, but if we had it in a Park we could do it pretty reasonably ourselves, depending on turn out.
I used to be a chef at a 5 star hotel and can cook some BBQ related items.. I've got a couple of 10X20 awnings we could pitch.. I'm sure getting a few grills together wouldn't be a problem.. It would be no big deal to cook for a few hundred.. I'm sure we'd have a good idea ahead of time about how many we're having.. We can keep it simple with burgers, brats, chix breasts, etc.. Maybe one of the days we could have a chili cook off... I have a 2 place motorcycle trailer and could trailer my bike and bring stuff up in my truck if people from my area wanted to bring grills, coolers, etc. up..

·
Xtreme Member
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
DMjeff said:
I used to be a chef at a 5 star hotel and can cook some BBQ related items.. I've got a couple of 10X20 awnings we could pitch..
I think we just found a chef :D :eat1:

That sounds perfect DMjeff. I will send you a pm today or Sunday.

Here's what I'm finding so far:

The hotels dowtown where all the action is and the parks are, are going for around $150 per night.
So I'm looking at north La Crosse where there between $60-$90 a night. They are pretty close together so we could do the bike show and bike games in one of the parking lots.
Like DMjeff said, we could find a nearby park for the BBQ. We could look for a ball field too if I can get permission from the City.

Once this hits the other State sites I'm anticipating 200-400 people so I'm thinking big. We need a rain plan too. The Awnings DMjeff has is a good idea.

Another option for some can be this campground close by:
http://www.pettiboneresort.com/rvWelcome.php

21 - 40 of 99 Posts