Honda VTX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Is there a Honda dealer in the La Crosse area that would be interested in some kind of sponsorship? Maybe use them as an event home base?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Maybe we'll get more interest if we make it a charity event. We could donate to: Another Salvation Story from a Harley Owner Looking Elsewhere, or A$$HOLE for short..

·
Xtreme Member
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
DMjeff said:
Is there a Honda dealer in the La Crosse area that would be interested in some kind of sponsorship? Maybe use them as an event home base?
As a matter of fact there is. That was such a good idea I just called them. I spoke to the owner of Two Brothers Honda at 124 Rose Street, La Crosse. He is on Board with us. They will sponsor the BBQ and let us use there site Friday and Saturday evening . It's a small parking lot but he said we can use the business across the street for additional parking. He even volunteered to help us with hotels if needed and talk to the Chamber of Commerce and let them know were coming.

http://www.twobrothershonda.com/default.asp

So there you have it our first sponsor 8) ... Nice idea DMjeff... thanks.

Oh and by the way DAWG, thanks for any contributions you are offering as well. :D

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
Caps said:
DMjeff said:
As a matter of fact there is. That was such a good idea I just called them. I spoke to the owner of Two Brothers Honda at 124 Rose Street, La Crosse. He is on Board with us. They will sponsor the BBQ and let us use there site Friday and Saturday evening . It's a small parking lot but he said we can use the business across the street for additional parking. He even volunteered to help us with hotels if needed and talk to the Chamber of Commerce and let them know were coming.

So there you have it our first sponsor 8) ... Nice idea DMjeff... thanks.

http://www.twobrothershonda.com/default.asp
Friggin fantastic............................This should turn out great. What states are in?
Wis.
Ill.
Minn.
Iowa
Mich.
OR open to all regardless of state if they want to come.
I was thinking about a logo that would incorporate all the boarders of the main Midwest area.

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
I'll come as long as VTXFlyer doesn't hunt me down...

Lance We need a camp ground near this stuff. I want to camp not sure how many others want to...

If there is a responsible non drinking person We can use my trailer as a if ya get too drunk we can take your bike home with us. It can hold 4 bikes. But I would prefer it be someone that has had experience pulling a trailer (its a big phucker) Sorry but I'm riding my bike... :wink:

·
Registered
241 Posts
This is something that's turning out frigging awesome. Just think what will happen if everyone here stays involved.. Two sponsors already in 5 hours. Simply awesome.. This will be a great event as long as we all stay involved.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
For those of you interested in camping with no fee I could probably talk my parents into allowing some campers on their 1 acre yard with a firepit and a swimming pool. Actually it might be fun to have a big group of people at their house to cool off if we want. The pool is great and not to mention we could always get a shuttle downtown if we were so inclined.

G

·
0 Posts
Does La Crosse have any hotels with world-class accommodations and a boutique-style atmosphere? I'm not much for camping so would be looking for something in the line with an urban resort. :lol:

This is going to be way cool Caps! Please let me know what I can do to help.

·
Registered
241 Posts
If there are alot of people coming from farther away, I suggest we do more on Friday than just having something at 6:00 p.m. I for one would like to have a couple of rides planned for Friday. If we have 200-400, I'm sure a fairly large amount would be coming in Thurs. evening to make the event worthwhile. This will be more enticing I think for more to show up. I for one, plan on getting to La Crosse midday on Thurs. I would probably even be able to come there Weds., as there should be some volunteers to go over the routes to make sure nothing changed constructionwise or take care of any other issues that may pop up.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Caps this sounds awesome :!: :!: :!: :!: We will put this on the calendar. I lived in LaCrosse for 4 years and I love that area, great rodes :D :D Let me know what I can do to help..I can do anything you need.

Tim

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
Gen Xer said:
Does La Crosse have any hotels with world-class accommodations and a boutique-style atmosphere? I'm not much for camping so would be looking for something in the line with an urban resort. :lol:

Do you take the skirt off when you ride? :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
X'N said:
[quote="Gen Xer":3njkj2l2]Does La Crosse have any hotels with world-class accommodations and a boutique-style atmosphere? I'm not much for camping so would be looking for something in the line with an urban resort. :lol:

Do you take the skirt off when you ride? :lol:[/quote:3njkj2l2]

lol. only on the cold days!

...and I suppose i should make it clear, I was totally kidding BTW! 8)

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Caps, I replied on the other thread, but I'll reply on here too that I'm definitely in.

As far as helping, if you need an SUV and open trailer to bring some stuff down a few nights before the event, I can make a run. I would probably then come back and ride my bike back for the event.

By the way everyone else, please see the Logo Contest thread also. I will be compiling a list of names for us to vote on in a poll that I will post tomorrow. Any names you wanted entered into the vote must be submitted before midday tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
This link just hit the Iowa board today and it sure looks like a great idea, finally---a gathering that's an easy day's ride from central IA. I'll bet I can convince my son from St. Paul to join us, even though he rides a Sabre :D

Hope this works out, I'm in.

Jon

41 - 60 of 99 Posts