Honda VTX Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
I got to say, im not up for any camping at all, call me old, what ever, but I want a shower, and a bed. Also if I had to camp, there is no way my wife would do that, if she did, I would pay for it really bad. I wont be camping.

·
Registered
547 Posts
camping

Oh come on Reaper. :roll: Real bikers don't take showers and they get drunk and sleep on their bikes. :p Deb and I have camped twice (tent) she won't do it again. Only if its a pop up or a hotel . :roll:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello WIVO's,

I've never posted on the WI board although I'm one of the old timers and was one of the first to post on original General board (even before Riley)!

I was planning to do a La Cross trip last year with wife but never got around to it. Now I don't have an excuse not to and I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you. From what I've heard there are some fantastic routes in that area.

I'll be popping in for more details.

We'll be hoteling it unless I can figure a way to pull my pop up camper.

Later,

Randy

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I could do the camping thing ROB if I had too, but as I tend to travel with my lady, I tend to want to keep her happy ala Reaper does. Hell, camping is a hassle taking a car, let alone a bike. Logistics man, logistics. My hair needs no curling irons either. I'll be seeing you there my friend!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Bike camping, piece of cake you pansies! :p

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Condolini said:
Bike camping, piece of cake you pansies! :p

Go for it Condo, but I PICH MY TENT in the nice clean motel. I dont care what anyone says, I am to the point of really liking a shower, and a place to sit down. Like I always say, the bike is my fun, and when it aint fun anymore im done with it. I LOVE riding, not not for more then 3-4 hours, TOPS!, not sleeping in a friggng tent. I want to take a nice ride, hang with friends for the day, then ride again. I just have no want to be an Iron butt rider, or a rough it in the tent guy. Did all that when I was young, see now I grew up. LOL

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Reaper said:
Go for it Condo, but I PICH MY TENT in the nice clean motel. I dont care what anyone says, I am to the point of really liking a shower, and a place to sit down. Like I always say, the bike is my fun, and when it aint fun anymore im done with it. I LOVE riding, not not for more then 3-4 hours, TOPS!, not sleeping in a friggng tent. I want to take a nice ride, hang with friends for the day, then ride again. I just have no want to be an Iron butt rider, or a rough it in the tent guy. Did all that when I was young, see now I grew up. LOL
I refuse to grow up!! I was young once but I can be immature forever!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW that campsite cost $32!!! For a few dollars more I could have stayed in a hotel. Felt that since I hauled all that gear all that way (to Maine), figured I should use it. Besides, it was one of the two nights out of 12 that it wasn't raining!

·
Xtreme Member
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
The Chamber of Commerce has been working with us on blocking rooms. I have 45 right now and waiting for more at a hotel across the street. There will also be a third hotel with some blocked just in case. We are going to have some at the campground too.

I'm just waiting to confirm some more rooms before the Official website goes live for you to get the details and register.

I also have another sponsor and working on two more.

The bike show Friday night will be open to the public a block away from the hotels in a shopping mall parking lot were all the car shows are held on the weekends. We will have vendors there selling stuff with music too. The mall will post us up on their lighted billboard. The Chamber of Commerce is going to advertise the show in the newspaper.

Stay tooooned..... :D

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Condolini said:
Reaper said:
I refuse to grow up!! I was young once but I can be immature forever!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW that campsite cost $32!!! For a few dollars more I could have stayed in a hotel. Felt that since I hauled all that gear all that way (to Maine), figured I should use it. Besides, it was one of the two nights out of 12 that it wasn't raining!
Hey, I will be as immature as anyone, but camping is not immature, it just sucks, and dont have a bed, and shower. I dont mind immature, I just dont like to stink, LOL

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
^^Jen's coming? Woo hoo! She's a party girl! :D :wink:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I havent seen any fellow Indiana X'rs post on here so let me be the first. Im thinking of making this ride but have some extenuating circumstances going on here at home that Im not sure how will turn out at this point. Regardless, sounds like a fantastic idea and a great time! I certainly hope Im able to make it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds like a great time! I will plan for a saturday run.

Sounds like a great time! I will plan for a saturday run.

[/img]

81 - 99 of 99 Posts