Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Local upholstery shop wants 300 to faux crocodile and gel seat. Is that expensive
What bike 1300, 1800 ? What model, C, R, F, S, N, T ? Does price include both driver and passenger seat ?
Upholstery pricing varies along with work quality, and material used quality. The price don't sound bad to me if they do quality work. And having it done locally is worth something.

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
You might find a used but not abused Mustang or other for that price, IDK. But you can choose the customization of the re-upholstered seat, as far as comfort level, material, stitching, etc.

·
Registered
731 Posts
FYI: Where is the gel seat being placed? They get hot in the sun. I put one in my Mustang seat. Cut out the foam and made an insert.
Big mistake, directly under the cover on a warm day in the sun was like sitting on a hot plate. Re-did it putting the gel pad lower and covering with foam.
Oh what a difference.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
1800 t both seats
To me that's a good price for both seats and it'll look great. Consider brown instead of black imo.

I have Ultimate 4 piece seats (best ever) so I had me R stock solo seat done with gel and "ostrich" two tone (pic in my sig) for about that price. It looks crazy good but only for show or shorter rides

1 - 7 of 7 Posts