Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone please help - I bought HK 3in Straights for my 1800 C. However, the bike shop ordered me 1800 R pipes. Of course, i only realize this once they are mounted.

My main problem is the rear bracket. It does not fit. I have called Hard Krome and they sent me the blueprint for the C model. However, the mounting holes on the pipes themselves are far forward of my actual frame.

I am confused on what i should do. Equally important, I have some leakage in the front cylinder, but have tightened the pipe as much as possible. Right now, i have a "homemade" bracket in the rear.

Stability is fine, and they sound great. PCIII on the way, and hopefully will help backfire during decel. However, I don't know whether i should try to get a local shop to fabricate a new bracket or not.

The motorcycle shop of course is saying that he cannot return to his dealer. any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Sith Lord
4,919 Posts
ok...mine isn't an 1800..but I've got 1300R HK 3s on my 1300c. I ordered the C bracket from HK. No problems other than the stupid exhaust nuts not staying tight on the rear.

I'd think it'd be the same on the 1800. Get the correct bracket from HK and loosen all the mount nuts. Add the correct bracket and tighten it all up.

I'd still argue with the dealer since they used the wrong parts. At least make them get the correct bracket from HK...which HK will sell you. :wink:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Toasted is right, but I'd also be sure to use new crush gaskets on the install. That might well be the cause of the leak and if you have a leak you will have decel popping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts