Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had one my above shocks blow a seal and go to hell. And progressive won't warranty the 11" shocks on a VTX. So I ordered two new 11.5" progressives and installed them.

I now have one spare 11" shock that is a year old and in good shape. Anyone want it?

I will most likely be at hooter's on Saturday and can bring it then.

Perhaps a trade of a cheesburger and fries for the shock could be bartered????

Let me know

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
That would be a good deal. I have heard of these things leaking on occasion. If I had 11" I'd take you up on that. (actually if I had 11" I would be in a different profession, but that's a different topic for a different forum)

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
They tell you why they wouldn't warranty it?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
MnXRider said:
They tell you why they wouldn't warranty it?
Progressive declared a little while back that they would only authorize as low as 11.5" on VTX because the shorter springs don't have enough travel length and the X is heavy. HDL no longer sells the 11" for VTX's because of that.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah...what he said....

That's exactly what I was told by HDL...

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
that blows.

·
Xtreme Member
4,850 Posts
If nobody needs it I'll take it. I have 11" shocks and wouldn't mind having a spare in case I blow one out also. A cheesburger & fries I can do that.

If someone else needs it though give it to them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
I'll trade you some powder coating on your set of new shocks for your broken pair :wink: Or some cash I need the spring cups...

Here are some sample pictures:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Them be some sexy lookin' shocks.
Wish my new 440's looked that good.

They now come in black chrome which was what I wanted.....but price was totally stupid.

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
F1FAN said:
Them be some sexy lookin' shocks.
Wish my new 440's looked that good.

They now come in black chrome which was what I wanted.....but price was totally stupid.
I have black chrome powder. Have not shot it yet so no sample to show you right now. Let me know what ya want done and I can help you out.

I charge $ 35.00 for single color and 45 for 2 stage on the springs, spring cups for the 440's are the same price. And 25 bucks for the spring retainers. FYI the 412's are less money to due because of the time it takes to prep (ther than the springs). FYI no I can't do the shock bodies, but you can paint them while I have them apart.

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
Philscbx said:
Very Cool Dan.
I like the Red.
That color on the Rx1 might be the ticket.
Yea them were caps its a trans red over chrome, but it conflicted with the rest of his paint so we redid them in black.

I need to get a blue bike because I loved my blue shocks, but they just didn't flow well and black and chrome is what I originally wanted to do with it.

Here are some side struts I did in the blue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.