Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
921 Posts
I have the 412 HD's and have them on the second position...I am 250. When I ride 2 up(adds 120) so far, I have not changed them and have not bottomed out. The ride is fine. If I were doing an extended trip(multiple days 2 up) I might go 1 or 2 more depending on weight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,141 Posts
Randcoll said:
Are the 412's really that much better? I am getting beat to death with stock shocks. Would like a little softer ride on rough roads. I am 225 lbs.
Adjust the shocks down to the number two position and see if thats better. I weigh 140 and ride two up at times so combined weight would be 250/270 and the shocks are set on one, it rides and handles well.
 
G

·
Randcoll, yes the 412's are that better. The stock shocks are crap! For your size get the heavy duty model. If you have not changed your fork springs, i would do that also. You will not believe how much better your bike will ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
921 Posts
Manster said:
Randcoll, yes the 412's are that better. The stock shocks are crap! For your size get the heavy duty model. If you have not changed your fork springs, i would do that also. You will not believe how much better your bike will ride.
What he said!!!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
While you guys are talking about the 412s, I want a set if the HDs and also want to lower the bike and plan on getting the front lowering fork springs as well - should I go with 11 or 11.5? Don't want to go too low or have any rubbing........

Thanks all
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,856 Posts
bugsy72 said:
While you guys are talking about the 412s, I want a set if the HDs and also want to lower the bike and plan on getting the front lowering fork springs as well - should I go with 11 or 11.5? Don't want to go too low or have any rubbing........

Thanks all
I was worried about the same thing, then I got to thinking, why would they sell something that was going to cause the tire to rub on the fender? I think if you're stock (wheel and tire) and set the load correct for your weight then you'll be fine with ether.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
921 Posts
cool runnins said:
I was worried about the same thing, then I got to thinking, why would they sell something that was going to cause the tire to rub on the fender? I think if you're stock and set the load correct for your weight then you'll be fine with ether.
I went with the 11.5's very happy... :D :D :pepper1: :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
I've got the 11.5" 412's on my bike. I've got it set on the second notch for 2up riding (combined wieght about 350lbs). I leave it on that setting, although It was a much better ride on the first setting for solo riding. I don't like changing all the time.

I can tell you that with the stock shocks (which I believe are 12.25") I used to drag the fram coming in or out of my drive. With the 11.5" progressives, no bottoming out.


Hope this helps.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top