Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I don't want to say until a few more people chime in. Last time I blurted out what I paid (when I bought the Jetskis actually several years ago, in a very similar thread to this one, but at a different PWC focused forum) I got lambasted for paying too much...but again, it came back to the reality of the fact financials don't translate well across the border - toys have a higher value it seems up here.

That said, based solely on your numbers... I'm not feeling bad right now, lets just put it that way. ;)

·
Banned
6,649 Posts
I don't want to say until a few more people chime in. Last time I blurted out what I paid (when I bought the Jetskis actually several years ago, in a very similar thread to this one, but at a different PWC focused forum) I got lambasted for paying too much...but again, it came back to the reality of the fact financials don't translate well across the border - toys have a higher value it seems up here.

That said, based solely on your numbers... I'm not feeling bad right now, lets just put it that way. ;)
It all boils down to this, if you're happy with it who give a flying rip what other people think. I can't say for sure but members on this site are a bit different and probably wouldn't bag on you if they thought the price was too high. More than likely, they'd be glad you got the X. You'll enjoy it too after you get comfy blasting through the back roads up there. It took me about 2-300 miles before it felt like my bike and after the mods started, it felt even better. With the Ultimate seat, pipes and batwing, you're a lot farther ahead than many. :lol:Ya gotta get WW's with spokes though.:lol:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Even if I pay what the current price on the table is..I'll be pleased. Anything lower is just a bonus right now but I don't think there's much room left to move.

Years ago I used to buy some of my toys (like the Jetskis) from the USA and import them because prices were lower..and when the exchange rate was even (or even slightly above par in our favor) it made sense...now that the exchange rate has fallen to roughly 35% (to the negative) for us again...you guys near the border should be looking north perhaps now - there might be some steals to be had given your purchasing power. ;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Aaaaaannnd..it's ours. Well, it will be sometime the latter half of next week, put the deposit on it today after I took my wife up to go for a ride with me and make sure she liked it.

Purchase price was $3450 CDN, or $2621 USD after the exchange. Some taxes due of course upon transfer but that's later.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Sorry, with regards to the Ultimate seats...was that a positive opinion, or a negative? ;)

Compared to the stock seats they appeared to be far superior..and they seem comfortable sitting on the bike. It's probably what I would have wanted in aftermarket - the fact it was already on the bike (along with the exhaust and such) was a bonus and made the deal sweeter.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Sorry, with regards to the Ultimate seats...was that a positive opinion, or a negative? ;)

Compared to the stock seats they appeared to be far superior..and they seem comfortable sitting on the bike. It's probably what I would have wanted in aftermarket - the fact it was already on the bike (along with the exhaust and such) was a bonus and made the deal sweeter.
It is very positive 8)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Good to hear. Again, it was a total coincidence they were already on the bike, but the reviews I found were generally all very positive.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Grats on the new to you bike you stole.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Picking her up Friday. Hoping to be riding same evening if all goes well...if not, Saturday morning.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Had to do some creative trailering (she was a little long for my friends trailer I borrowed), but we made the trip OK.

IMG_7549.jpg

Got everything shipshape and went for my first ride around 5PM.....after I had managed to kill the battery earlier and had to find out how to charge it first. Found the main battery lug under the right side trim panel where the fuse box is and put my 40A fast charger on for about 15 minutes and that did the trick.

Love it so far, can't believe how nimble it is for a big bike - it took me about 15 minutes to get reasonably comfortable and start to enjoy myself and rode for about an hour before it got dark and I headed home for dinner.

Can't wait to get out again tomorrow - looks like 3 beautiful riding days ahead - perfect long weekend!

IMG_7550.jpg

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Had to do some creative trailering (she was a little long for my friends trailer I borrowed), but we made the trip OK.

View attachment 60548

Got everything shipshape and went for my first ride around 5PM.....after I had managed to kill the battery earlier and had to find out how to charge it first. Found the main battery lug under the right side trim panel where the fuse box is and put my 40A fast charger on for about 15 minutes and that did the trick.

Love it so far, can't believe how nimble it is for a big bike - it took me about 15 minutes to get reasonably comfortable and start to enjoy myself and rode for about an hour before it got dark and I headed home for dinner.

Can't wait to get out again tomorrow - looks like 3 beautiful riding days ahead - perfect long weekend!

View attachment 60549
Nice set up you have but it only miss w/w tire :thumbup: hope you will ride all week end :doorag:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sweet! I still can't get over the price you picked it up for with all those accessories. :dontknow:Good investment!! :congrats:Enjoy

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Just thought I'd bump my old thread.

It's been quite the adventure - last winter was very mild here and I actually ended up riding at least once every month (typically very rare where I live in Canada), and the season got off to an early start.

I ended up putting over 15,000 Kilometers (~10,000 miles) on it this summer and aside from a new tire in August I did absolutely nothing (nor had any reason to) aside from changing the oil.

To my surprise my wife got interested in riding as well and I ended up buying her at Marauder 250 to start on (she had never ridden before) and after riding the wheels off it she was ready for an upgrade in early summer, so she has a Vstar 650 now. She ended up with over 5000 Kilometers (~3000 miles) in her first ever season.

I've found the bike super comfortable even for extended riding (Yay for the ultimate seats) and of course reliable. I did finally get my Hard Krome pipes quieted down (that was an adventure in it's own) and overall I'm quite pleased now.

I was riding up until about a week and a half ago but the weather has finally dropped firmly into below freezing winter like conditions...so unfortunately the season appears to be done, and the bikes are parked until it all starts again next spring. ;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Bumping this golden oldie thread again.

Coming up on having put 70,000KM (~44,000 miles) on this old girl since having bought it around 4 years ago this month. Never caused me an ounce of grief - new rubber, new brakes, and oil changes..and she keeps ticking like a Timex.

Took her 3/4 of the way across the continent this summer to Sturgis and she never missed a beat, although I did run out of horsepower a few times bucking strong headwinds across the plains while averaging 85MPH. No biggie. ;)

21 - 38 of 38 Posts