Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Just wanted to share my experience with the MC Enterprises Engine Guard for the VTX1800C in case anyone is considering the same model. Simply put, it doesn't fit the bike.

After finally making sense of the rather vague and sometimes contradictory installation instructions, I found that a) the right lower guard mount doesn't clear the brake line assembly, and b) the U-bolts are too long and don't clear the radiator even with a spacer in place (pics attached). Of course, I found a review spelling out the brake line problem -- after I tried to install mine.

My search continues, and I'm leaning toward either Paladins or Baron at this point. Hopefully this post will save someone some frustration at some point.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
Folks,

Just wanted to share my experience with the MC Enterprises Engine Guard for the VTX1800C in case anyone is considering the same model. Simply put, it doesn't fit the bike.

After finally making sense of the rather vague and sometimes contradictory installation instructions, I found that a) the right lower guard mount doesn't clear the brake line assembly, and b) the U-bolts are too long and don't clear the radiator even with a spacer in place (pics attached). Of course, I found a review spelling out the brake line problem -- after I tried to install mine.

My search continues, and I'm leaning toward either Paladins or Baron at this point. Hopefully this post will save someone some frustration at some point.
I love my Paladins. Would've gone with the Cobra Fatty's, but they don't fit an 1800 C either!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Folks,

I have a set of new hiway pegs from them that simply dont fit either. Wonder of its a manufacturer thing.. :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love my Paladins. Would've gone with the Cobra Fatty's, but they don't fit an 1800 C either!
Same here, rangers. At least Cobra makes it clear theirs are incompatible with the C. On a brighter note, my Paladins arrived today. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts