Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve searched a lot but could only find discussions about my question that are nearly 10 or more years old.
Before I ask the question, I did email memphis shades and it took 3 emails to finally get an answer. Their answer was NO.

Anyway, I currently have a Memphis Fats windshield on my 2004 VTX 1300S. It does not have the trigger lock hardware.
The question is whether or not I can just order the backing plates with the trigger lock that attach to the fairing and use my existing hardware that attaches to the bike.

I just didn’t get a good feeling that memphis shades took a lot of time before answering my third email.
thanks
Greg

·
Old Goat
24,218 Posts
Back when I ran that fairing ,,ran into the same thing....Memphis Shades is a stand up company with great CS...although slow to respond...u would be better served to call...to answer your question ...no u will need the entire trigger lock system....once u have trigger lock on bIke u can rotate stuff out thats what I did..rotating between shield and fairing...good luck

PS....there may be a hack but Ive never read about it...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Don't know anything about bat wing hardware, but the hardware for the mounting rings that go on the forks for the trigger lock and for the standard fixed mounts are not compatible. Trigger lock fork mounts are required for trigger lock plates.

·
Old Goat
24,218 Posts
Don't know anything about bat wing hardware, but the hardware for the mounting rings that go on the forks for the trigger lock and for the standard fixed mounts are not compatible. Trigger lock fork mounts are required for trigger lock plates.
R/S/T .....mount to triple tree.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I ride a C, point taken, thanks for the info. Never the less, the answer is the same

·
Registered
59 Posts
I’ve had both on my 1800c. Different mounting hardware completely between windshield and batwing. The only thing you can use with both is lowers if you have them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts