Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sith Lord
4,919 Posts
Let me call Freedom tomorrow and see.

You doing the New Year's day ride with the Wolf Pack?

And i still need to get that shield from ya. Sent a PM:thumbup:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I bought mine from Direct Line. It was the best price I could find. They got them shipped out pretty quick too.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep. I do plenty of business with Hal. The problem is, they won't put a guy in the box with my tire to install it for me:dontknow::lol:. I hoping to avoid doing this myself because I am really busy right now.

I'm going to check with the parts and service shop at Getwell and Winchester, when they open after the holidays. Anyone done business with this outfit?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I took mine to Honda-Yamaha of Memphis on Mt. Moriah and got them mounted. I did the ME880 front and back. That 200 looks sweet on the rear.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Cody I had the same problem so i went to Cycle gear on Summer ave. got good price and mounted reasonable ,

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Cycle Gear

Really . . . Cycle Gear, huh, I was just in there the other day . . . seems like a pretty good bunch of guys, and they give a 10% Military Discount, so I cannot beat that with a stick! Basically saves me the tax.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I can personally reccomend :

http://www.memphischoppers.org

They did a great job on replacing my front tire (dunlop Elite 3 ordered from Dennis Kirk) and putting my car tire (also a dunlop, ordered from Sam's club for $85) on the rear. Replaced my brake pads for free (labor only... had the pads with me) while they had the wheel off.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Sam's tire

You were able to order your rear tire from Sam's, really?? What size?

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I got a good look at the tire today and it's a 200 60 R16 M/C

Definitely going to need to be replaced before any longer rides come Spring time!

·
Old Goat
26,217 Posts

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Car tires

Sounds good, thanks Old Goat, I'l check it out. It seems to handle great with the care tire, and no I don't have any pics f it, but it's a Metzler 200 60 R16, so it's not the stock tire for sure.

If I can get another good tire for it from Sam's and it doesn't cost me a small fortune, that's awesome. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts