Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Here's a quote from the product review on HDLs site:

This is a great product!! Only thing to remember is the stock filter is grey, so the X doesn't show as well. The K&N is black and it shows the design of really nice!!

So...assuming you have aftemarket pipes & you switch to a K&N...I'd suggest rejetting. But, then again I'm far from a carb guru.

·
Registered
95 Posts
After puting a hypercharger on mine it recommended that I re-jet if I plan on going above 6500 feet from sea level, but then removing that if I go below 5000 feet. Jetting depends on elevation and since I live in Denver I'm going between 7000 and 5000 feed almost on a daily basis, so I left mine the way it was
You should probably re-jet if you plan on going (and staying) at altitude.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not wanting to rejet, unless necessary, what about blocking the holes off from the inside with some material glued inside the the cover?
My bike is running great, starts good, no pops , hesitation, good mileage, I hate break it if its not broke.

Any thoughts!

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
It is very easy to rejet, and frankly, that engine needs to breath. You think it runs good now? Rejet with the new cover and you will be surprised.
I am not good at any mechanical work, but it only took me @3 hours to install my bigshots, remove the entire pair valve system, and rejet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts