·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....I am looking at the drag pipes...and the longer shotgun style
Love the look of the drags best but am concerned for rear rider noise

do they come with baffles
how is the front pipe supported
did you install yourself and was it easy...
Do you feel the quality is good
do they have heat shields

Any comments would be very appreciated.....good and bad.....thx
By the way I have a 051300 retro

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have the Speedster Longs on my 04'C and they come with baffles.
THey were easy to install. It came with a bracket twards the back to hold them. Full heat shields.

My brother took the bike for a test after I put them on and they are pretty loud at the back of the bike. When I am on the bike going down the road it isn't too loud but I think the passenger would hear it a lot more.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
289 Posts
COBRA DRAG COME WITH HEAT SHIELDS AND BAFFLES, AND YES THEY ARE LOUD, BUT MAN THEY SOUND GOOD I DONT RUN BAFFLES IN MINE

·
Registered
180 Posts
Cobra Drags

I have the Cobra 2 inch slash cut drags and they're too loud for my wife and I also think the chrome is of cheap quality. And the heat shields do nothing- I burn my leg all the time. Now I use a bandana on my leg to keep my pants from the heat.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Samson Long Cannons

I have the Samson Long Cannons on my 051300R. I love the sound. I had to purchase the baffles seperately. As for the install, I do not know how they mounted, as it came from the dealership. I believe the quality is excellent and they do have heat shields.

Here is a picture for you...

rufus

·
Registered
171 Posts
Cobra low boy staggered. They come with baffles, but I like um straight. Good quality, good fit. Sound GREAT! Like them better than drags because they are a larger diameter.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thx for the input guys.....too many pipes out there to make a decision....
I just really like the thin drag pipe look but am concerned for too much noise......Also really like the look of the low boys....but may go with the long cannons to put noise behind me.....
This decision is killing me............or should I say indecision.... :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts