Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
captngus,

I got the ellipse mirrors , flat glass, you suggested for my VTX. installed them as per directions, with red locktite. I am having a good bit of vibration, even at highway speed, in the glass. also the glass itself seems to be tinted to dark. this also limit's visibility. is it something I just have to get used to, or can I correct these problem's in any way ?? thank's for the input.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Monty,

Wow, I don't know what to tell you. I am experiencing none of those things. "Highway speed" is generally the smoothest time on the bike. I mean, everything on a bike vibrates to some degree. Did you "lock" the mirror heads in place, inside the case? My mirrors seem bright, not dark. They are about the same size as the stock mirrors, but a different shape.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do I have to do to lock the mirror heads ?? they sent me an allen wrench with the mirrors, but I didn't see what it fit. there are two small allen key's on the back side of the mirror's. but their real small. the glass itself is kind of dark, I thought maybe there was a protective film on them. but there wasn't. the left mirror has visible black spider vein lines that run through it. maybe H.D.L. sent me a bad set ?? thanks for the input though.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Monty,

Yeah, call HDL about those black lines. You shouldn't have anything but clear glass. You can open up the back of the mirror head, and access the locking ball joint. It's a little bit of a pain to adjust, but it's rock solid when you're done. You didn't get any instruction sheet with the mirrors? If not, you can get instructions from Kuryakyn's webpage.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts