Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just went to my local stealer. Looking for a sissy bar but I want one that I can remove easily when the wifey doesnt want to ride. He said they could only find for a C not for my 1300R. I looked at the DLP site and only found the palidine disconect but no sissy bar to go with. Will the cobra sissy bar work with this? Or will the one from the C work? I think it should but I am new to the VTX. thanks in advance and a pic would be great. What size works the best the wifey isnt big so would a mini work?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey just went to my local stealer. Looking for a sissy bar but I want one that I can remove easily when the wifey doesnt want to ride. He said they could only find for a C not for my 1300R. I looked at the DLP site and only found the palidine disconect but no sissy bar to go with. Will the cobra sissy bar work with this? Or will the one from the C work? I think it should but I am new to the VTX. thanks in advance and a pic would be great. What size works the best the wifey isnt big so would a mini work?
What year is your R.?
I bought the palidin (used) for my 07. It has everything (side mounts w'key and backrest) but doesn't have the actual bolts. The bolts can be bought from National cycle seperately.
This fits the R 02-06 The bolt pattern changed in 07 so I can't use it.
I'll sell for $75 + shipping.:cool:

·
Old Goat
26,226 Posts
Heres a :bump:and I dont know what brackets or bar the guys used but there is a mod where they slot the mounting holes making just about any set up quick release. good luck

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I have a 06 and I seen the palidine on the dlp site but they only listed them for 07-08, but if yours is for an 06 I may get that. Im going to look for bolts and will let you know. Now does this set-up work with all seat brsands?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Im new to this. How long does it take a transaction to show on your end of paypal? I have paid my end so let me know when you get it for my piece of mind. Thanks. Also do you have the part number so I can order the hardware?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Good Choice.:congrats:
That is my sissy bar setup as well and super easy to remove when I am riding solo (90% of the time)

·
Registered
38 Posts
westend motorsports.com they sell the system you are looking for

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Guys! I bought this one from buckeyerider. I think he must have sent it via pony express.:lol: just kidding should be here anyday.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks Guys! I bought this one from buckeyerider. I think he must have sent it via pony express.:lol: just kidding should be here anyday.
Pony Express:confused::confused: You should be so lucky:lol: I think they'd be faster than todays USPS.
It went out 12/29 via parcel post. It was too heavy to send Priority.
The holiday will slow it down a day as well.:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Hang in there.
:doorag:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bags

Buckeye Rider,

I really like the looks of your saddlebags, who makes them and what did you use for mounting hardware? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts