Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of one that will work with my Boss Bags? I will be replacing the honda one after my recent wreck. anyideas would be great.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Perhaps a better initial question might be, "Which backrests HAVE quick-release?" and go from there.

I don't know specifically if this will work but my National Cycle Paladin backrest employs the quick-release mechanism (also locks with a key). You can get it with or without the luggage rack shown on my bike below. If you are interested I'd just ferret out their website on a Google search (although it's probably nationalcycle-dot-com), call their toll-free number, and ask them directly if it will work or what hardware they might need to provide you to make it work. BTW, my bags are National Cycle so the components are readily compatible of course.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Davesax36 said:
thanks. that looks great by the way.
You're welcome and I appreciate the compliment. There's certainly other choices so happy hunting and enjoy no matter your selection!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Boss bags will work with the Paladin backrest. You do have to let the guys at Boss Bags know that you're gonna use the Paladin Quick release backrest with them though. That way they will set you up with the correct hardware.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. that's what I was looking for. I'll call them and figure it out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Blade,

Love your hard bag and backrest set up. Plan to do the same w/ my C. Were the bags easy to install? Any drilling, or are they set up from the factory? Finally..... how much time does it take to switch them out? I have the Switchblade shield and love the quick change.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Are you done? said:
Blade,

Love your hard bag and backrest set up. Plan to do the same w/ my C. Were the bags easy to install? Any drilling, or are they set up from the factory? Finally..... how much time does it take to switch them out? I have the Switchblade shield and love the quick change.
Thanks for the compliment. The install was no big problem. If you're going with all the NC components I have (i.e, the backrest with or without luggage rack and CruiserLine hardbags), NC will provide you two bags of various bolts and washers. You'll replace the ones holding your fender guard with those provided (they're essentially longer is all, but will look the same). The only "real" tough part is following their schematic and making their nut and bolt sandwich of maybe 6 or so parts for each hole. You'll see what I mean. But there's no drilling of course, just identifying the parts and placing them in the right order. I'd give it an hour. I WILL say the only tough part is getting the chrome metal bar on the backrest to fit between the two sides (of the backrest). It's gonna be snug but it will work!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts