Should work quite well. Same design as the Pallidin without the hardware.ANV1L said:Cut out the red areas like on the picture below.
The front holes get cut forward and the rear holes cut down. That way it will drop into place. Just tighten the bolts and off you and Momma go, lickety-split!
ThanksThrill said:Ditto to DonG.
If you don't have one, get the right one (But it's more $$)
I had one, did the mod later.
You can find post to this effect, but:
1) put it in place to see where to cut. Should be very close to the red marks on the indicated picture (post above from ANV1L.)
2) Tape the area (both sides) before cutting, then mark the tape with the marker.
3) cut the fron first and slip them on to get a good idea of the back fit.
4) I used a "wafer wheel" (a very thin [<1/16"] abrasive cutting wheel on a small (Metabo-type) side grinder.
5) cut very slowly so as not to heat/damage the surrounding chrome.
6) dab some silver/shiny paint (rustoleum) on the inner, exposed metal to help prevent an possible rust.
I did mine 2 years ago and have had no problems, but yes I do have to loosen & tighten the 4 bolts to get if on & off.
I had the quick release on my harley, it was nice.