Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help this new VTX 05 owner.
I have a -5 1300R. It came with Cobra Longs with Quiet Core Baffles. I love the sound, but I want to add stereo system. I want to be able to hear the music. Can I add Mufflers or anything else to take some more of the deep roar out. I know this probably defeats the purpose of the pipes, but I am experimenting with getting the correct sound. Any help appreciated.

Mike

·
Old Goat
25,490 Posts
I cant help other than to add, in the 4+ years I have had my bike Ive had cobra slipons and roadhouse slipons, I blew the packing out of the RH so I went back to the stockers and love the peace and quiet..... good luck

·
Seasoned Member
8,334 Posts
If you already have baffles, there isn't much more that can be done to the pipes. . as TennX alluded to, you could check to see if there is fiberglass wrap on the baffles, if so, you might need to repack the glass. Otherwise, swapping back to stock is about your only choice for "quieter" pipes.

Good luck.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Please help this new VTX 05 owner.
I have a -5 1300R. It came with Cobra Longs with Quiet Core Baffles. I love the sound, but I want to add stereo system. I want to be able to hear the music. Can I add Mufflers or anything else to take some more of the deep roar out. I know this probably defeats the purpose of the pipes, but I am experimenting with getting the correct sound. Any help appreciated.

Mike

Sure. Pull the baffles out. Remove (if there is any left) the packing material and re-wrap the baffles with Stove Pipe Rope.

Good Luck...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts