Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the R vs. C stories since I joined this board and I would not understand why there would be a difference. they are both 1800. I chucked it up to whoever had the R said good things about the R and the C persons who do the same. ala black, blue, orange etc. is the fastest.

I purchased my 02R in December 01, I live in NY and my previous bike was suzuki 400. It took some time to get adjusted to the weight and power of the R and with my mustand seat, back rest and highway pegs when I travel on the highway is like riding in my livingroom sofa. I am as happy and confortable as I could be. Riding in the city in the otherhand, lights in everycorner, cars everywhere sometimes it felt like a chore to take the bike out of the garage to go for a short ride to the store. I would take out the bandit that I still had because it was easy to manuver and didn't feel like going all out for a short ride. Guys without the lights and traffic may not experience this.

I decided I was going to to convert to a 240 tire and while doing some research my wife suggested not to do anything to the R and get another bike to convert. I agreed and got a used a 02C. I had not riden a C before I purchased my R not after purchasing it. For you C guys, I now know what you are talking about, there may be 50 pounds difference between a C and R but it feels more like 200. The way the C handles and turns reminds me of the bandit that I recently sold but with monster power. I always understoof the R arguments but I now understand the C arguments too.

There was another thread about buying a second X or if you have two bikes what would they be. I am totaly convinced its an R and a C with all respects to the wings and racing bikes. I will keep my C and my R and will be live happily therafter.

thanks for reading just a though.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Not sure I follow your argument, but, man, that is a good looking bike, that white/blue retro!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the argument is that both the C owners and the R owners are right about what they say about their bikes.

·
Registered
390 Posts
vtxretrohog said:
the argument is that both the C owners and the R owners are right about what they say about their bikes.
I own a 1800C!
My 1800C is the bomb!
I am right!

VTXretrohog Your bike is badddddddddd!!!!!

Maybe we could say something like this:
Bike owners when commenting on others bikes in a positive manner are correct.

Ergo my above statement about your bike is correct.

N8 :D :D :D

This is fun!

·
Registered
217 Posts
NOW you see why I bought another 1800! I had an 02 Retro and had to get one of the 03 discounted C models. They are 2 totally different riding bikes. The C is more nimble and turns easier than the Retro but the Retro is a better trip rider. Each has their on feel and ride. :wink:

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I have an 03 C. My buddie bought an R. Infact, he used to have a saber, I had and ACE, he bought the R and I had to get my C, so we trade bike for giggles on rides, I love both, but the c is much easier to handle, turn, ride and it seems faster, but the R is a great bike, I like the sportier look of the c. Not into the whole retro look...... But yes... Both are awsome!!!

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Jim T & Collee said:
Not sure I follow your argument, but, man, that is a good looking bike, that white/blue retro!
I absolutely agree! :p Since I'm a North Carolina Tarheel, I love the paint job...also the Heels are National Champions! Whooo hooo! :wink:

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
4bserbob said:
Gol116
I love my Black ---BUT dam that green looks better every time I see it.

When I first bought the bike, everyone I showed it to said the color was ugly, that was everyones first reaction. then they would look it over and the Uranium would win them over. Even when we went to the OCC Retail Shop grand opening, I was so amazed that a ton of people would walk across the parking lot to check out the green bike... here we are with all these great custom themed bikes, and tons of people talking about and looking at my stock Honda VTX... That was pretty cool.... so yeah black it cool.. but GREEN is better.....:)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Gol116 said:
4bserbob said:
Gol116
I love my Black ---BUT dam that green looks better every time I see it.

When I first bought the bike, everyone I showed it to said the color was ugly, that was everyones first reaction. then they would look it over and the urainium would win them over. Even when we went to the OCC Retail Shop grand opening, I was so amazed that a ton of people would walk across the parking lot to check out the green bike... here we are with all these great custom themed bikes, and tons of people talking about and looking at my stock Honda VTX... That was pretty cool.... so yeah black it cool.. but GREEN is better.....:)
Your photos seem to capture the color better than most I've seen here. It really is cool in person.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I think both the C and R are good bikes, but this is silly as to which is better. It is as silly as whihc color is better.

I know the C is lighter and easier to handle. And G-d bless htat. I also know that when riding, I the C's are always stopping every 100 miles for gas while I'm good for 170-200 miles.

Are they faster, maybe but not on a distance ride with how often the have to stop for gas.

Again, I like both but love my R. I also agree that if I could get a second bike it wouls also be a VTX, but in my opinion, it would be and R and an N.

But everyone enjoy their ride!!!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
The Dreamer said:
but in my opinion, it would be and R and an N.

But everyone enjoy their ride!!!!
Thar ya go :wink:

Ride safe X'ers! 8)
R

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
a C set up with the 240 kit and a fancy paint job and a N set up for touring would be what i would want.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oh, great, thanks guys! I had just about convinced myself that I didn't need another X, and here you go giving me another reason to just do it! I wanted another one so I could leave one naked and dress the other one out, so it makes sense for the naked one to be a C.

I haven't ridden a C yet, but I did notice how much lighter it is than the R just sitting on them in the showroom. They have a completely different feel to them. At the time, I went with the R because I wanted a big bike, but I can definitely picture how much fun the 1800's power would be in a lighter package.

Geez, now I've gotta write that second check after all...Oh well, you only live once...

·
Registered
621 Posts
timberghost said:
a C set up with the 240 kit and a fancy paint job and a N set up for touring would be what i would want.
By George ... I think he's got it! :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
When I first bought the bike, everyone I showed it to said the color was ugly, that was everyones first reaction. then they would look it over and the Uranium would win them over.
I never even looked at the red or black. I slowed down on the Blurple (it's still hot, especially on the GWings). But the green was a tough split between the Orange. I took the orange, but would be proud to own a green one as well.

The colors they made for 02-03 were really something else. There isn't a single color on the X that I haven't like yet, even if they wern't my personal choice.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts