Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, going to have the girl down a few days to do the desmog mod, replace the radiator cap, work on the headlight and display rattle/buzz mods and possibly a couple other small projects for her. First question is OEM 39.00 radiator cap what is recommended or is there another brand that others go to? I could have sworn that there was a list around here or maybe it was bareass choppers that had a plenthra of alternate parts for a plethra of common parts. Do I remember that incorrectly?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I replaced mine about a year ago with a mid 90's honda civic radiator cap from advanced auto. (sorry I dont have the part #) I think it was like $8, and the exact same as the oem. I called a few of the dealers in the area and it was $$ and no one had it in stock or order it online $$ with shipping $ and wait.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Spike. That does sound better than the $39 dollar one that I noticed at I believe at Bike bandit. Bri720a, that is a great find! Did AA cross reference your OEM part number for you or did you just take your old one in and say match this?

Spike, since you are the main man around here, would you see any benefit to having a "Cross reference" sticky? I ran across a thread/sticky on goldwingdocs dot com when I was digging around the net for parts. Guys would post part numbers from "auto store" with part numbers that you could use to replace OEM Honda parts. Less expensive alternatives and readily available (Pretty much like Bri720a did here but have the part number). Just a thought unless there is one already on here that I have not seen. Bareass Choppers as one for oil filters, but there are other parts I assume that could be cross referenced as well. If it was a thread, then individuals can add to it as they make the finds. Also not sure since these bikes are no longer in production that it is worth the time?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts